“Fish On in Victoria, BC!”

Beasley's Fishing Charters
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband, myself, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law decided to book a charter to salmon fish while in Victoria, B.C. and after reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor we decided on Beasley's and could not have been happier with our experience. He had top of the line equipment, boat was comfortable and clean, and even with choppy and sloppy conditions to start with we stayed on the water (which took a turn for the better) and we had an amazing day of fishing. Multiple hook-ups and we all caught King Salmon. Darren puts a 100% effort into your fishing experience to make sure you have a great time and catch a lot of fish. Darren cleaned our fish and we had them professionally processed at Finest at Sea Ocean Products. I highly recommend Beasley's Fishing Charters.

6  Thank hodagcatcher

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I were on our honeymoon, and as as a spur of the moment decision decided to go fishing as my husband LOVES to fish. I was a little nervous at first as I had read the reviews and saw that some people had issues with Darren's personality but I figured if that's the worse thing people have to say, then it can't be that bad as all I cared about was catching fish. Boy was I surprised. Darren is FANTASTIC. He is very knowledgeable, as he should be, at his craft and you can tell he is passionate about his fish. It was a beautiful day and my husband and I both limited out within 1.5 hours. Since it was my first time he showed me how to reel in and make sure I didn't lose any of the fish I hooked. Darren let us reel in two more for him and he gave us one of his fish so we walked away with 20 pounds of fish after they were gutted!!! We had 9 bites, hooked 7 and released one. Since we limited out so early we trolled around for a bit and just enjoyed the beauty of the bay and then he suggested we check his crab traps and if he had any that we could take home with us. We ended up with 20 pounds of chinook and silver salmon and three huge dungeness crab from the traps which we feasted on for dinner. He was also extremely gracious and gutted our fish for us so that it would be less expensive for packaging and told us were we could get them flash frozen and vacuum packed for our trip back to the states. While we were taking care of that he took our crab over to a crab shack and had them steamed for us. What a great guide!!!! We will definitely use him again when we make it back to Victoria. My husband and I had a great time and enjoyed chatting with him and of course catching the fish. It was probably the best day of our entire honeymoon!

3  Thank Christy C
Reviewed 6 June 2013

After spending countless hours in my kayak, trying to catch a halibut in front of the Victoria water front. I finally realized that I needed the assistance of a Pro! I booked a charter with Darren along with some friends, with a bit of a twist! I wanted to fish from my kayak! Darren the pro he is put me through the third degree before he would agreed to my plan. The four of us set off last Sunday for an adventure of a lifetime.I had caught Hallies before, but never from my Kayak and the other three on the charter were complete novices. We loaded my kayak aboard and set off for one of Darren's honey holes, dropped anchor and launched my kayak.Before I cast off on my own Darren again put me through the third degree, once he was assured I would follow his directions I set off. With his parting last words ringing in my ears, Don't Let Me Down!!!.The pressure was on and after about 30 minutes of tentatively watching my rod tip it happened just as Darren had predicted . My rod tip dipped once, then a second time and on the third time I reeled like hell, the fight was on. Thanksto Darren my dream was coming true!!! I ended up bagging myself a hallie in the mid 30's from my kayak the other three in the party limited out. Without Darren's expertise none of the above would have happened!!!!!The four of us arrived at the dock looking like prairie chickens in mating season all puffed out. I can't thank Darren enough, he made it happen! I have been on several other fishing charters and looking back were a waste of time and money!!!! Darren is the definition of a true Pro and is in a class of his own!!!!!

2  Thank Art B
Reviewed 29 April 2013

A few work friends and I decided to head to Victoria for a weekend away from the wives and get some fishing in. Contacted several charters and got the same answer from all of them..."not the best fishing this time of year".. Ultimately we decided on Beasley's because his boat is so convenient to downtown and a simple walk across the street from a good fish processor in the event that we actually landed anything... Could not be more happy with our decision! Darren, although honest about the timing of our excursion, managed to use his knowledge of the area and fishing to get us one fish shy of our limit.. and that is only because a seal took our final fish 10 feet from the boat.. Very successful trip and we would use Beasley's again in a heartbeat.

3  Thank craigarrowsmith2020
Reviewed 15 April 2013

What an awesome fishing experience. Success , Success , Success. This far exceeded our expectations. Darren was right on the money and we caught our limit without any trouble. We will be back to go after salmon next. This outing was to give our son an unforgettable experience with deep sea fishing. This was certainly achieved. Smiling all the way home. Thanks Darren.

3  Thank Darylgoertzen