Ok I'm a big fan of boutique hotels and not old famous landmark hotels.
I've decided to build up my loyalty points at the Fairmont in 2014 versus Starwood as they just don't honour loyalty when I book through corp travel.
But I digress. This hotel is truly special. Best location in Victoria. Close to the harbour and all the tourist sites. Service is amazing. Rooms clean and spacious.
Based on my stays at other properties in Victoria, they are all about the same in terms of how soon they need a renovation - which is now.
Anyhow, it's a 3/5 rating for me. But probably best in Victoria all things being equal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regarded as a Condé Nast Readers' Choice and Gold List hotel, and honoured with the Travel + Leisure distinction as a top Canadian hotel, the Fairmont Empress graces Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour with an iconic presence. The Fairmont Empress, Victoria B.C.’s most iconic hotel, has just unveiled a $60 million dollar restoration.This luxury hotel offers 464 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, and expansive meeting and wedding space adjacent to the conference centre. Located on the picturesque West Coast of Canada, this is the ideal location to explore all the natural beauty of Vancouver Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fairmont Empress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
- Victoria Fairmont
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- The Fairmont Empress Victoria, Vancouver Island