A true classic. Beautiful, nicely located. We walked to B.C. Museum, which was great. This hotel is expensive, and I felt like they could easily have internet included, which even most "chain" hotel/motels frequently have. Instead the $15 for the internet seemed petty.
The doorman was overly eager to move and park my car as I tried to make up my mind about going right back out and using it. He pretty much hounded me thru the lobby and made me self conscience about my cheap rental as some luxury cars sat unused. I cherished the experience as these minor complaints can't diminish my appreciation for where I was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Empress sits majestically at the cornerstone of Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour. This landmark hotel features turn of the century architecture, classic beauty and an unrivaled location on the water. It features the highly acclaimed Willow Stream Spa regarded as one of the best spas in Canada. Food lovers can sample the English ritual of Afternoon Tea, savour the famous curry buffet in The Bengal Lounge or sample award-winning food and wine in The Empress Room. The Fairmont Empress offers wireless internet access in all guestrooms, and it is complimentary for our Fairmont President's Club members, free to join. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fairmont Empress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
- Victoria Fairmont
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- The Fairmont Empress Victoria, Vancouver Island