The Fairmont Empress
US$287
  • Restaurant
US$268
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$310
Abigail's Hotel(Victoria)
US$273
US$225
Abigail's Hotel
James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$237
Orbitz.com
Oak Bay Beach Hotel(Victoria)
US$312
US$281
4,118 results
All reviewsbengal loungehigh teaafternoon teagold floorbengal roompresident's clubcurry buffettea roomceiling fanold worldbeautiful hotelair conditioningharbor view roomsconesbutchart gardensbritish columbiainner harbor
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I travelled to Victoria for a conference that was being held at the convention center attached to the Empress. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was comfortable and the staff was exceptional. I found the food at the hotel quite pricey but there were lots of other options nearby. Great location!

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FairmontEmpress1908, General Manager at The Fairmont Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Fort St. John,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay with us for your conference. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with the service that The Fairmont Empress is so well known for. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your room as well as our wonderful location. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Empress when your travels bring you to Victoria again.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for three nights while on a conference in the adjacent Victoria Conference Centre because we received a special conference rate. Walking through the historical wood carved décor felt like being in a long gone era of glamour and wealth. The "basic" room we had was grand and roomy, with a huge flat screen TV, and the view to the courtyard was pretty and quiet. The bed (Queen) was super comfortable (even though I'm not a fan of the sheet-wrapped duvet because it disintegrates to balls of sheets overnight which always tend to migrate to the other side of the bed;). Overall a memorable experience that I can recommend to anyone who wants to splurge a little (or a lot).

Room Tip: Our lower price room was well appointed so don't worry if you can't afford the ocean view suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
FairmontEmpress1908, General Manager at The Fairmont Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Vancouver,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay with us. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the history of the hotel so interesting. The Empress Room, our formal dining room, features ceiling molding that is actually done with horse hair and plaster! We offer 477 different rooms, all with unique configurations which is another feature of our historic property. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Empress when you return to Victoria again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were very happy to have our wedding here, we got married in the rose garden and had a small reception in the Balmoral room. The service we received was first class, and everything went without a hitch (ok one hitch.. me to my wife). I would recommend this to anyone. Sandra handled the details and she was wonderful. As we live in Ottawa it was difficult to plan from a distance but she took care of us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from Ottawa,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay with us for your wedding and congratulations! I am so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with the service that The Fairmont Empress is so well known for. We are privileged to have a truly wonderful group of people who work here at The Fairmont Empress, and Sandra is definitely one of these people. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Empress when your travels bring you to Victoria again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We sail our boat to Victoria quite regularly and like to stay on the docks in front of the Empress. There is always a lot going on in the area, and it's fun to take High Tea at the Empress. The public rooms of the Empress are reflections of a time long past, when travel was for the elite. The rooms are grand, to be sure. We have stayed in various rooms, including the upper rooms, which were for the staff. They are quirky, long and not wide, but they had a grand view. That's what you get when you show up without a reservation! The staff were very helpful and friendly and did their best to accommodate us. We could have stayed on our boat, but it was fun to spend a night in the grand, old hotel. The hotel shops were varied and had beautiful art works for sale, the jewelry store was worth a window shopping experience. The food was good, not spectacular, but the service was excellent. Stroll around the grounds and enjoy the topiary, flowers and statues. It's a lovely place to spend time, either several days or for a special evening!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from Denver,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with the service that The Fairmont Empress is so well known for. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our wonderful Afternoon Tea experience. The tea lobby has been serving tea since 1908. The Empress Room, our formal dining room, features ceiling molding that is actually done with horse hair and plaster! We offer 477 different rooms, all with unique configurations which is one of the features of our historic property. I am glad you were able to enjoy our beautiful shops and our spectacular gardens. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Empress when you return to Victoria again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

WOW, what can I say. Checked in last week as I was in Victoria on a business trip. I arrived around 5:00 pm, checkin easy and as the room was not ready they upgraded my room and I received a voucher for a drink inthe Bengal Room. I had a lovely glass of wine as well had the spinich salad with chicken. YUMMY! So wonderful dinner.

My room 132 was a corner king room with 2 sets of windows, so a beautiful breeze on a corner with a view of the inner harbour. Not much noise, had a great sleep, stayed 2 nights. We are staying again in a couple of weeks for a conferance,I hope my husband and I get the same room! (anyone listening....)

As this trip was a bus trip and the meetings were at the Empress in the convention centre all meals were catered, and all I can say is WONDERFUL!

I loved the room, the bathroom was well equipped, the fridge had cream in it, too bad though I had bought small container of cream for my coffee in the morning as normally there is no cream only the powdered stuff. Keerp it up Fairmont, please always put real cream in the fridge for us cream drinkers!!! They have a Kuerig coffee maker,! perfect, no need to go elsewhere for coffee! for us coffee snobs.

Thank you! Only complaint is the ridiculous cost of parking a car $30 a night! Jeesh ! That is why it only gets a very good and not Excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the harbour a wonderful

Dear Valued Guest from Surrey,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with the service that The Fairmont Empress is so well known for. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and the wonderful view of the harbour. Thank you for your comments regarding the parking charges. These comments will certainly be shared and addressed so that we are able to move forward with the goal of improving service in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Empress when your travels bring you to Victoria again.