The Fairmont Empress is an impressive old establishment in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. It is ideally located by the bay and within walking distance to a lot of other attractions that Victoria has to offer such as government/parliament building, easy walkabouts, bicycling around town, enjoying diverse ethnic restaurants or simply enjoying urban multicultural mileau that Victoria is famous for. The room I had while I was there was adequate and acceptable but my colleagues complained that there were a few things that did not work in their room such as telephone, coffee maker and television. The coffee maker in my room didn't work either. So I resorted to boiling hot water using the electric kettle. However, the instant coffee was not replenished for the next two nights of my stay. I think for a hotel of this class, attention to details like this is paramount. And I have to wait for my morning coffee until I ventured into the restaurant downstairs. The pillows and the bed were very comfortable and clean as the bathroom towels. Shower has good heated water and jetted out enough pressure to wake me up in the morning.but the wall seems a bit thin as I could hear noises from the street below.
The bar in the hotel (downstairs) offered an atmosphere typical of 5 stars hotels in big cities with a mixed of people dressing to the hilt and while some appeared like typical "rednecks" . The waitresses were very attentive. I must say my experience during checking out was not as I would expected. I was quizzed if I used my iphone and/or internet during my stay which required additional charges. I felt this check-out lady was interrogating me and made the situation somewhat uncomfortable. I felt a hint of her not trusting my responses but other service providers I encountered with were all great and respectful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Empress sits majestically at the cornerstone of Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour. This landmark hotel features turn of the century architecture, classic beauty and an unrivaled location on the water. It features the highly acclaimed Willow Stream Spa regarded as one of the best spas in Canada. Food lovers can sample the English ritual of Afternoon Tea, savour the famous curry buffet in The Bengal Lounge or sample award-winning food and wine in The Empress Room. The Fairmont Empress offers wireless internet access in all guestrooms, and it is complimentary for our Fairmont President's Club members, free to join. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Fairmont Empress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
- Victoria Fairmont
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- The Fairmont Empress Victoria, Vancouver Island