This weekend was the third time we stayed at the Fairmont Empress. My husband, myself and my dog all enjoyed our stay!
We booked the hotel as part of the Fairmont President's club monthly great rates promotion. We were very happy to learn that our basic room had been upgraded to a gorgeous harbourview room on the 7th floor (benefits of choosing one or two hotel groups and sticking with them).
Note that while we appreciate the old-world charm of the Empress' design, it is not the style we typically seek in hotel decor, however, the service and location make this hotel worthwhile.
- the hotel is old and grand. if you're looking for something funky, go elsewhere.
- because the hotel is old, the walls are thin. be prepared for this or ask for a room at the end of the hall.
- because the fairmont overlooks the ocean, dress warmly. the breeze cam be chilly at times--even in summer.
- if you have a chance, try the Empress' Afternoon High-Tea --it's a tradition for which they are known well and have practically perfected
- consider a pre or post-dinner drink at the Bengal Lounge (decorated with an African Lodge Feel) as you sway to the nightly music
- valet + self-park are $29/daily. if you are there on the weekend, try to park beside the parliament buildings (in front of the royal scott hotel) for FREE
- there is a grocery store a 15-min walk from the Empress in case you want to get some munchies during your stay
- each room has a small fridge which you can use
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Empress sits majestically at the cornerstone of Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour. This landmark hotel features turn of the century architecture, classic beauty and an unrivaled location on the water. It features the highly acclaimed Willow Stream Spa regarded as one of the best spas in Canada. Food lovers can sample the English ritual of Afternoon Tea, savour the famous curry buffet in The Bengal Lounge or sample award-winning food and wine in The Empress Room. The Fairmont Empress offers wireless internet access in all guestrooms, and it is complimentary for our Fairmont President's Club members, free to join. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Fairmont Hotels, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Fairmont Empress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
- Victoria Fairmont
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- The Fairmont Empress Victoria, Vancouver Island