Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
“10th Anniversary”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to take my wife away from it all, including our four children. It was out 10th Anniversary, and I wanted a surprise, as we live in Victoria. I talked to the Ocean Pointe staff, and try set me up with a room with an amazing view of the inner harbour. I set up wine, chocolate fondue, and went to set the roses down when I realized I forgot the vase!! The concierge promptly got one delivered to my room, just in time for the Champagne to be chilled! My wife was very excited and kept commenting how beautiful everything was... I kept commenting how beautiful she is...

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We selected a "secret hot rate" hotel hoping that we would receive an inner harbour room near the legislature because the description said oceanfront. So we were a bit disappointed at first because this hotel was across the bridge in Vic West but It turns out that this was in fact a good thing. We had beautiful views of the inner harbour. Lots of green space around us and it was actually closer to get to the shopping, entertainment and restaurant district than if we were located near the legislature.
Lots of greenspace and trails along the water (just outside the hotel door). Our dog loved it.
Great hotel, great staff... Would return again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mikefar
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We traveled around Canada for three weeks and this was our seventh hotel but our favourite. Great location, friendly staff. very comfortable and well appointed rooms, good facilities and a good swimming pool. Lovely to be able to wander the steps and be able to hop on to a water taxi just minutes from the hotel.

Perhaps the only negative was the breakfast which was really overpriced but with some many places to go as an alternative there is really no need to eat there!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HelenL1470
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, and gets a great view across the water to to Victoria waterfront. It does mean it is a bit of a walk to the Victoria waterfront, but they do have a free shuttle. I was staying with my 12 year old son and his friend from school, taking in a Victoria Royals WHL game (great hockey btw!). The room had a nice big flat screen with all the inputs, so we were able to hook up our Xbox no problem. The pool is nice with glass walls to outside and the sky, so you don't feel like you are in a basement somewhere. The pool bottom and sides is also smooth tile, not rough concrete, so you don't need to worry about getting scraped. The pool also had a few foam floaty things for the kids to play with. I would definitely stay here again. It is a bit of a balance keeping a hotel poshy feeling and kid friendly. I would say if you are looking for a hotel with that experience, then this one is perfect. If, however, you are looking for a place where your kids can be a little more rambunchous, then this one is probably not going to be the most comfortable fit for you.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The service at the restaurant was slow. The service was nothing outstanding. We had the eggs Benedict's and they were great but no fruit on the plates.

If you like jazz then it's great . however it gets annoying

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mfossum
DeltaVictoria, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent experience in Lure Restaurant. We are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, as this is certainly not the type of dining experience we strive to provide for all of our guests at Lure.

I would appreciate the opportunity to be able to discuss your experience with you in further detail in an effort to regain your confidence in us. Please contact me directly at 250-360-5802 at your convenience.

Randy B.
Food & Beverage Outlets Manager
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! My husband and I arrived at the hotel at around 10:30 AM and stopped by the front desk to ask if we can check in early, expecting that it would not be possible (but of course, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?). Not only did Victoria C. (front desk associate) offer immediate check-in, she also offered a free upgrade of my city view room to a waterfront room. I readily accepted her offer. : )

We went to the room and spent a good 10 - 15 minutes admiring the view of the Inner Harbor, the Parliament Building and the bustling downtown Victoria. When we were able to finally peel our eyes away from the great view, we started our trek to downtown. Downtown is just a short 5 minute drive across the Johnson Street Bridge to get to the downtown area to visit the Parliament House, have Afternoon Tea at The Fairmont Empress, Chinatown, the Royal BC Museum, Fisherman's Wharf and the many great eateries. We could have either walked across (maybe 15 minute walk) or taken the water taxi, but since we knew we were going to stay out late, we decided to drive.

The hotel lobby is very bright and inviting. It leads to a beautiful walkway and view of Inner Harbor and downtown area. Our room was bright, clean and spacious.

The view from the room during the day is beautiful, but the view at night is even more spectacular!

I would like to thank Victoria C. for extending such great customer service!!! I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Victoria and will stay at Delta hotels more often when I travel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Well worth the money. Actually, I would be comfortable to pay more, that is how much I liked this place. The building and rooms look modern, sophisticated, looked after. Very good service; shuttle to down town every 5 minutes or so; you could also take a water taxi, or walk, its close enough. Amazing views!!!!!! Rooms are comfortable, beds are great. Restaurant was pretty good, too. I did not have a chance to use the spa, so, I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Hotel Grand Pacific
Downtown
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!