“Fantastic view of Victoria Harbour”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
New Brunswick
“Fantastic view of Victoria Harbour”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Excellent place to stay with million dollar views of Victoria Harbour.staff friendly, centrally located, a great place to stay! clean rooms. breakfast overlooking the water was a great way to start the day!

Room Tip: Perhaps staying on higher floors would be better, but it was quiet and no complaints on our floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Turkish first
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had booked this hotel for a return after staying here two years ago. What can I say, beautiful location, best service, and clean, clean, clean! There was a bit of construction going on still as this hotel has gone through a major inside and out renovation. The minor inconvenience was nothing, the hotel desk is in a temporary location, the lounge and business center also are temporarily relocated while the main floor is being finished. There is no dust or debris to walk through as it is all behind temporary walls, but I'm sure will be beautiful when complete. We had a side harbour view room on the fifth floor. Also had a kitchenette in the room with an honor system snack tray. The view is beautiful, I could sit and stare out the window here for quite a while, watching seaplanes and ferries passing through the harbour. Nice and quiet too at night, no unruly guests would be tolerated. The hotel also has a fitness center, nice pool overlooking the harbour, and a really nice hot tub for an evening soak. Parking cost 18.00 per night if you have a vehicle. Location of this hotel couldn't be better. Ten minutes to downtown if you walk. Service here is a 10 out of 10. Staff is also friendly and extremely helpful. Will return for sure.

Room Tip: Harbor or side harbor view rooms are preferable if you like a nice view and are willing to pay a lit...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank newlyretired10
Chicago
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My room was fantastic. Huge TV, comfortable bed, great working facilities. I could even plug my computer into the TV to watch movies on the big screen. The staff was incredibly friendly and eager to help. I thought that the upcharge for a water view was a bit ridiculous, especially since the hotel was not very full. The doors were also very thin, and just about every noise from the hallway was pretty loud inside my room. Because of the renovation, the restaurants/bars were moved into some of their lounge rooms. I went into the bar to have dinner, and I felt like I was sitting in a library. The tables were basically end tables and even though there were seven or eight people in there, it was silent. Very uncomfortable and awkward. I would like to go back after the renovation is complete, because it would probably earn an excellent rating after that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am very happy to hear your room was fantastic and you enjoyed the SMART Desk. I do apologize for the noise in the hallway. If you ever encounter any issues during your stay please don’t hesitate to let a member of our team know.

I also appreciate your patience with regards to the renovations taking place in our restaurant and lobby. The fabulous new lobby will be unveiled in March followed by the Restaurant in May. I hope you will come back to experience both.

Warm Regards

Justin Foisy
Front Office Manager
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa
Comox,British Columbia,Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This resort is in a major renovation again and they are redoing the lobby and restaurant so you enter thru a temporary entrance door and get checked in at a temporary desk and the whole restaurant and lobby are closed off so it changes the complex somewhat and the whole ambience for sure and it may be a big deal for some as the lobby and restaurant can be a significant part of the experience for this property and my concern is if you book on line etc you are not made aware of it which I think is unfair so I wanted to post this note
The upside when it is done I am sure it will be stunning
All the rooms were redone last year and they are very nice

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DeltaVictoria, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated as our lobby and restaurant are being completely redesigned. We are working hard to ensure the impact on our guests is minimal. All hotel services, including the restaurant, lounge, and spa, are still available. We are very excited to unveil the lobby in a few weeks and the restaurant in early spring.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to see it!

Warm Regards,
Kimberley Hughes
Victoria B.C.
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Mrs. Coopershawk and I arranged a terrific deal through Travelzoo for a one night "Staycation" at this hotel. We had a beautiful view of the Inner Harbour watching seaplanes come and go, as well as kayakers and boats. The room was extremely clean and comfortable! Check in and out were both flawless and parking was a piece of cake. We highly recommend the Delta in Victoria,

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I just returned from a 3 day retreat our partners held at the Delta Ocean Point and felt they were deserving of a brief review. When I learned the property was under renovation I considered changing our bookings to another location. We were assured by Corinne the Director of Catering and Conference services that we would not be disturbed by construction noise and we agreed to keep our booking as planned. Simply put, I'm glad we did.
The property is undergoing a considerable upgrading in the public spaces and I believe it involves the lobby, restaurant, lounge and guest rooms. There is a temporary dining room on the main floor overlooking the harbour and a temporary lounge on the 3rd floor. Both rooms were surprisingly comfortable and the service was terrific. Being on a very restricted diet, the staff happily accommodated my needs with very tasty alternatives to the standard menu. The fitness centre is well equipped and has ample towels and water cooler for guests to enjoy.

The renovated rooms are very well done and include a spacious smart desk, large screen TV, roomy showers and perhaps the most comfortable bed and pillows I ever experienced. Our meeting room was well set up, serviced regularly and had sliding patio doors that allowed a good amount of natural light and access to the patio looking over the harbour.

In summary, we were very pleased with the property. It is in an excellent location with great walking trails and spectacular views of the harbour. I found all staff of the property to be very accommodating. The dining room, lounge and front desk staff were all very helpful but special acknowledgement to the shuttle drivers who happily drove our group to various locations during our stay. We will return to this property for sure.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are spectacular.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so glad you had such an enjoyable stay with us; thanks for sharing your comments! We are excited for the completion of the total redesign of our Lobby and Restaurant areas this Spring, and hope you will have the chance to come experience it for yourself.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our completely renovated guest rooms and meeting space.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Justin Foisy
Front Office Manager
Farum, Denmark
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Spent two nights at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort - the place was amazing. Location was great - overlooking the harbor. Great remodeled rooms, pretty spacious. We had a pack'n'play for the LO and still no problems in moving around. Very kid-friendly: Giftbag upon arrival and kids check-in desk. Cute.

Restaurant on site: So-so. Food was good, but relatively overpriced. Service was seriously lacking - we waited for the longest time for service at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
DeltaVictoria, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your comments regarding your stay at Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort , we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I was concerned regarding the service at breakfast as this is certainly not the type of experience we strive to provide our guests in Lure Restaurant. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and make up for your experience.

Warm Regards