Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$242
US$250
Abigail's Hotel
US$285
1,662 results
All reviewsacross the bridgelure restaurantwater taxithe club loungetennis courtsfree shuttleharbour viewhotel shuttlewater viewshort walkshuttle servicebeautiful hoteldowntown areaparliament buildinghotel restaurantdowntown corean easy walk
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Recommend you purchase a harbour view room - beautiful night view of the Empress and the Houses of Parliament with all the fairy lights. during the day the activity on the harbour with float planes , little ferries and numerous other craft is always interesting. Fantastic smoked salmon eggs benedict breakfasts. Great staff helpful and friendly - free shuttle to down town or water taxis and harbour ferries at the front door only $5 a head. Nearby walking bridge gives access to downtown and walking paths around the harbour edge

Room Tip: Level 8 harbour view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Spent two nights here on business. This place is gorgeous, modern, rooms are amazing with top notch tech accommodations for business travellers. The lobby area is very nice too. The parking is easy to access. They are under renovations and I can just imagine how fantastic is will be once complete. Only drawback, the kitchen was under reno during my stay so the breakfast buffet was quite limited. They did their best, but I think that they should have reduced the $20 fee for that day.
Walking distance to the harbour, so there is a lot to do in a close proximity.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Delta during the April long weekend and really enjoyed our stay. We had a harbor view room and it was awesome, we enjoyed the lights at night as much as the great views during the day. The only drawback we found with the view was that the window ledge protruded out quite far which obstructed the view down to the waterfront and landing in front of the hotel which would have been nice to have. But the harbor view was great.

The highlight of the stay was the staff. We found all to be friendly, cheerful and helpful. The doormen were all extremely cooperative and obliging, quickly delivering us to downtown locations with the shuttle bus and also offering great advice on things like restaurants and local services.

It was a great weekend and a real pleasure to stay at the Delta. I would definitely recommend it and hopefully we can return soon for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights at the end of April. It was incredible!
First of all when we checked in we were greeted by Victoria. She was very friendly and genuinely interested in making our stay as pleasant as possible. Every day when she saw us passing through the lobby she greeted us and asked us how our day had been.
Our room was on the 7th floor with a view of EVERYTHING. We could see the mountains, the harbour, the lights on the parliament buildings and the empress at night, the blackball ferry coming and going as well as a blue heron fishing in the evenings while the seals teased it.
The waterfront walkway just outside of the hotel was beautiful as well.
The restaurant in the hotel is undergoing renovations right now so we ate in the lounge while we were there. The view from the lounge in great and the service wonderful, and of course the food was still excellent.
The water taxis stop right outside the hotel if you want a ride over to go shopping or the walk over the Johnson Street Bridge is quick and easy as well.
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Victoria.

Room Tip: Any room facing the harbour will give you excellent views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I was required to stay in Victoria overnight, knowing I wasn't going to have much time to enjoy the hotel. I received a discounted rate from an online hotel discounter that included free parking.

The placement of the room very much reflected the discounted price. I was on the 3rd floor where the conference rooms are situated. I checked in late and was a little worried as I passed all these rooms which were hosting various functions. There seems to be a smattering of private rooms at the one end past the conference rooms. So, it was noisy in the hall as people came and went and the cleanup happened. But after that it was very quiet.

The room was huge - 2 queen beds - beautifully appointed business centre desk - tv - fridge - mini bar and large bathroom. free wifi.

I did not have a view (discounted price) but I can imagine the rooms with a view are fantastic.

There is a spa and restaurant although I did not have the time to try either out.

Outside there is a promenade that stretches out and is great for a morning walk or jog. It is dog friendly but no bikes allowed.

The service at the front desk was AAA. Rachel was friendly, accommodating and very professional.

The only drawback with this resort might be that you are on the other side of the harbour, across from The Empress. You will have to walk over the bridge or drive to get to the downtown core of Victoria.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for somewhere special to stay in Victoria. I will definitely come back - but maybe not on the 3rd floor ;)

Room Tip: The rooms with a view would be spectacular for a romantic getaway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo