Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Canberra, Australia
“lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

hi all this review is long over due but better late than never after reading other reviews that have raved about the view I wanted to give my view when I stayed at the hotel last October I had a room that did not have a view I did not mind that because the room I had was lovely I had everything I needed for my comfort the bed was comfortable shower was very good room large and the service I received was superb the staff very helpfull staff in restaurant very nice and helpfull I had a pleasant stay and look forward to returning for another dose of luxury view or no view thank you for all the staff for a lovely stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Turkish first
Nanaimo, B.C., Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you pick a sunny day to stay over in Victoria, you will really love this hotel! There are lots of walking opportunities around the hotel, including a short walk to a wonderful pub - Spinnakers, and also a 10 minute walk across the bridge to town. There is also a dear little water taxi that leaves from the hotel front door.
We had a beautiful, quiet well-appointed room and the service was really excellent. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Victoria is one of our favourite Spring destinations to escape our cold weather, we usually have accommodations near the Parliament building which is in the Inner Harbour area. Delta is a nice view from a different perspective and has close proximity to restaurants. The hotel had an Easter egg hunting event for kids that my son really enjoyed. Their kid-friendly pool made the stay even more fun for kids.

Stayed April 2014
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival I was greated pleasantly by staff at the front desk. When we discovered a problem with my reservation (apparently it did not go through online) the front desk staff quickly resolved the issue and got me a lovely roomnon the fifth floor. The room was clean and spacious. The philosophy toiletries provided were amazing! My hair smelled lovely all day :)
My favorite part of my stay was my interaction with James - who drove the shuttle. He was so pleasant and efficient when he drove me in to the Victoria Conference Center. And having the shuttle was like having a free cab ride downtown. Although, it truly is not a long walk (when you have the time).
I will definitely stay at the delta when I am in Victoria the next time. And hopefully I'll be able to splurge for an ocean view room. The view from the lobby of the harbor with stunning and I can just imagine what it would be like from one of those rooms.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Recommend you purchase a harbour view room - beautiful night view of the Empress and the Houses of Parliament with all the fairy lights. during the day the activity on the harbour with float planes , little ferries and numerous other craft is always interesting. Fantastic smoked salmon eggs benedict breakfasts. Great staff helpful and friendly - free shuttle to down town or water taxis and harbour ferries at the front door only $5 a head. Nearby walking bridge gives access to downtown and walking paths around the harbour edge

Room Tip: Level 8 harbour view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Spent two nights here on business. This place is gorgeous, modern, rooms are amazing with top notch tech accommodations for business travellers. The lobby area is very nice too. The parking is easy to access. They are under renovations and I can just imagine how fantastic is will be once complete. Only drawback, the kitchen was under reno during my stay so the breakfast buffet was quite limited. They did their best, but I think that they should have reduced the $20 fee for that day.
Walking distance to the harbour, so there is a lot to do in a close proximity.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hughenden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Delta during the April long weekend and really enjoyed our stay. We had a harbor view room and it was awesome, we enjoyed the lights at night as much as the great views during the day. The only drawback we found with the view was that the window ledge protruded out quite far which obstructed the view down to the waterfront and landing in front of the hotel which would have been nice to have. But the harbor view was great.

The highlight of the stay was the staff. We found all to be friendly, cheerful and helpful. The doormen were all extremely cooperative and obliging, quickly delivering us to downtown locations with the shuttle bus and also offering great advice on things like restaurants and local services.

It was a great weekend and a real pleasure to stay at the Delta. I would definitely recommend it and hopefully we can return soon for another stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Fairfield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,452 reviews
Hotel Grand Pacific
#14 of 52 in Victoria
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,949 reviews

Been to Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort

Property: Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Address: 100 Harbour Road, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 0G1, Canada (Formerly Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa)
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver Island > Victoria Capital Regional District > Victoria > Victoria West
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Romantic Hotel in Victoria
#5 Luxury Hotel in Victoria
#5 Spa Hotel in Victoria
#5 Business Hotel in Victoria
#6 Family Hotel in Victoria
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:4 star — Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort 4*
A Spectacular Setting Where People Work & Play in Perfect Harmony Situated on Victoria's breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. Our beautiful Victoria hotel's location in British Columbia, Canada offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel Victoria