“Great views and location”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
“Great views and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was the start of our Canada Alaska tour. The hotel was exceptional. The rooms were large comfortable with all your needs met. Views from the room was just as good from their outdoor area across to Victoria. Walking distance to town and some great restaurants. Staff accommodating and so friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the across the bay to Victoria as you can watch the activity on the water.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Delta
Rooms: very nice, especially for price. Do not recommend rooms in first floor though. View to the street and give sense of insecurity.
Restaurant nice, beautiful view; day and night
Restaurant music volume way too high and temp bit on the cold side.
Food selection poor, feels more like a pub than a restaurant.
Tried steak, request medium rear, it was medium to dry (definitely not juicy), when mentioned to waitress she tried to blame it to the light! (Right i cannot taste it!) however she did offered to re-cook it, which i denied because it was already quite late.
Took a moderate amount of time to bring my order and none bread or finger food was brought or offered in the meantime.
Food presentation was nice. Desert was good. However, do not recommend to dine in specially when having many beautiful and much better quality food restaurant at 10' walking distance.
Surprise though! As i was finishing my desert the waitress brought the bill and indicated that there would be no charge for the cheese cake due to the dry steak. It would have been nicer if this would have been communicated before selecting desert! But it was a good thing to do! Still overall i recommend to go out for dinner if you want a good dine out experience.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Hernan C
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, and the fabulous view from LURE.
I was sorry to hear that you found our restaurant's offerings to be limited, our change to a more approachable menu and style of dining has been well received by many. If you should ever wish for a particular item that you do not see on our menu, please do not hesitate to let a server know, and we will do our best to accommodate your requests and/or preferences. I apologize for your less-than-satisfactory experience, but happy to see that our server tried to make the situation right and took care of your dessert.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Ocean Pointe again soon.
Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Delta for one night. One room, 2 adults & 2 kids. Two Queen beds and one roll-a-way - cost was $189.00 no breakfast. The check-in was easy and the staff were great. We got to our room, 309, parking lot view. I went to the check-in desk and asked for a harbour view - the staff behind the desk was a bit terse when I asked for an upgrade. She said the harbour room was of a different room category and gave me the routine," There's nothing I can do unless you want to pay the extra $60.00 for the upgrade." Mmm...I thought...no thanks.

So, our room was fine. The room was very clean, spacious etc., that is expected of the Delta. The odd thing is there is not an in-room safe, very strange for a hotel of Delta's caliber.

Here's the kicker. The Delta offers a free shuttle service for guests within the downtown area of about 15 minutes range. They took me to a cafe near Beacon Hill and they offered to pick me up later. Well, that's got to cost a pretty penny. Heck, give me the room upgrade "gratis" and I'd happily take a bus or a taxi to the cafe. Very odd. Parking too cost $16 to $18. So, they'd charg me $60.00 for a room upgrade on a Sunday night but then give me a free return shuttle service...odd indeed.

The hotel is well located and a great place to stay. The indoor pool is small but very clean. I'd recommend that Delta and would return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the harbour - just for the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you found our team at check in to be great and that you enjoyed the indoor pool facility during your visit. We do offer a variety of room types, some including harbour views and do occasionally offer rate promotions on these. Please check our website for current promotions and rates. I apologize that there was an occasion where you found our desk agent to be "terse". This in no way reflects the standards that Delta aims to achieve and I appreciate your feedback on the matter so we may follow up.
While our guest rooms do not include a safe, we do have safes for guests available through the front desk. Speak with one of our team members while checking in or during your stay and they would be happy to arrange use of this for your convenience
We are constantly reviewing our parking prices and we strive to stay competitively priced with other comparative properties. There is limited complimentary parking on the street adjacent the hotel that you may be able to make use of as well.

Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel. The best of the Delta hotels I have stayed in. Beautiful location. Pay extra for the upgraded suite the view is worth it. Easy to walk to Victoria's shopping and restaurant area.

They have nice robes which other hotels don't give you.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice, my biggest problem with my stay was that my air conditioning was not working in my room. Instead of just switching me to another room, they kept giving me excuses. I was attending a conference at the hotel so I had opportunities to run up to my room to check if they had fixed the problem periodically throughout the day. I even spoke with the maintenance person who told me that there did appear to be a problem with the air conditioning but he would do his best to fix it, and that if he couldn't they should move me to another room. To make a long "hot" story short, I didn't get much sleep in the sauna of a room, I made half a dozen trips to the front desk, received half a dozen excuses. Very unfortunate because the hotel itself is very nice and the price reflects that, the service should be the same, but it wasn't.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DeltaVictoria, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa.

I was happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very nice! However, I was really sorry to hear that the air conditioning in your room was not working properly, and that our team failed to provide a satisfactory resolution. I have followed up with our front desk team to ensure this does not happen in the future, but again I am sorry for the impact this had on your stay. At Delta, we strive to provide superior service, and I was therefore very disappointed that you felt our service was lacking. Please feel free to contact myself directly at rachael.hannay@deltahotels.com, as we would very much like to make things right!

Once again, thank you for providing feedback on your stay. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to restore your confidence in the service we provide. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 250-360-2999.

Warm regards,

Rachael Hannay
Front Office Supervisor
Delta Hotels and Resorts
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Delta in Victoria is very chic, modern and newly renovated. Rooms are large, we had a King-room on the 3rd floor and it was very spacious with all the modern amenities. Bathroom is large and offers nice (high-end)shower/bath products and a good hairdryer (not always the case in hotels!).
Lobby is also newly renovated and has a great view of Victoria
It's right on the "ocean walk" so a quick walk downtown. There is also a free shuttle to take you downtown and water-taxi stop right outside.
Staff is super helpful, professional and courteous.
Some rooms have an ocean-view, but we would have had to pay extra so we declined.
I definitely recommend this property and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'll start by saying that we usually stay at Laurel Point, as we are not antiques or doily people and finding accommodation in Victoria that is not, well...Victorian, can be a tad challenging. We zipped over from Vancouver on short notice on a Saturday afternoon, and our usual options were booked. So we gave Ocean Pointe a try. Managed to get one of the last harbour view rooms (okay...partial harbour view) and were pleasantly surprised. Rooms are renovated with modern furnishings, including built-ins in light toned wood, topped with light quartz for bath counters, bedside tables and desk. Overall quite well done. I work in design and am a bit fussier than most when it comes to interior details. I will say that the duvets (in crisp hotel white) are quite lumpy...it looks like there may be cats hiding under there (there weren't), but other than the aesthetic issue, the one in our room was perfectly comfortable, as was the bed. Good lighting options, with bedside lamps you could actually reach the switch for and additional reading light built in to the bed. Top marks to Jon at the front desk - his service was on par with what we've received at the Fairmont Pacific Rim...excellent. We took the shuttle to meet family for dinner and the shuttle driver was also top notch, taking 10 passengers to various dinner destinations in an extremely friendly and efficient manner. I admit I was surprised to get this level of service at a Delta. One feature I made note of was that wi-fi was included and didn't require a password to access (I'm talking to you Fairmont). Road access was easy, as was parking - so whatever the issue was there during construction is gone. We didn't try to access the hotel from the little driveway immediately coming off the bridge - can see that would be a bit stressful in heavy traffic, but instead followed our map app and took the left at the next light. An easy little drive down the street from there - although I will say that the signage from the rear of the property is lame...too small and underlit - but that's more of a design criticism than a directional one...obviously we still found the hotel. But I do expect a "resort and spa" to have more of a statement sign when entering. Overall I think it's a really decent option.

Room Tip: For harbour view rooms, try to get something with a number lower than about 30 (example 430) as abov...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing us on your recent visit to Victoria. I was delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that our team took great care of you! I look forward to sharing your kind comments with Jon and the rest of the team! We are thrilled to read you really enjoyed our recently renovated rooms, and I'm happy to share that our exterior road signage is being upgraded to match our fabulous new look.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm regards,