2,374 results
All reviewsathletic clubparliament buildingvictoria clipperinner harbordirectly across the streetsteam roomsmall balconyblack ball ferryperfect locationhot tubwithin walking distanceharbor view roomferry terminalthe royal bc museumcorner suiteport angelesking bed
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We stayed in Victoria for a couple nights during a 14 day tour of the Northwest. The staff was very nice and informative (with a good sense of humor, which is always a bonus). We had a room with a balcony and a view of the harbor. It was fun to watch the harbor traffic (sea planes, water taxis, ferry boat).
The room was a bit small for the four of us (two adults and two young teens), but it was fine.
The workout room/pool area was fantastic! It's a small but FULL workout area (great cardio equipment and both free weights and machines) and the pool is both a fun area and lap pool (with a wet sauna). There is a no kid time period (couple of hours in the early evening), which I can appreciate even though we brought the kids with us.
We visited Butchart Gardens before we checked in, so we never moved our car once we got there. Such a nice city to walk around and the hotel is in a great location.
My only complaint is no free wi-fi, except in the lobby (we ended up racking up the roaming charges because we wanted to use our smart phones in our room). We did use the business area once, which was nice.
They also have a nice coffee/cafe area for a quick breakfast (although it was pricey).

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the harbor view...get one!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Dopshgp, Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Victoria Athletic Club and our easy aaccess to Butchart Gardens and other attractions.

I am pleased to inform you that later this summer the Hotel Grand Pacific will have complimentary wireless internet throughout the Hotel. As well, our wired internet service now features a 100 mbps (mega bit per second) fibre optic service. Typical internet upload and download speeds in other hotels are 20 mbps upload and 10 mbps download.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Victoria.

Warm Regards,
Emory Haines
Director of Operations

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Right in the inner harbour area of Victoria (adjacent to the BC Parliament building), this hotel is supremely well-located to take advantage of sightseeing and other attractions in downtown. Overall, the design and look of the hotel is "high-end chain". We only stayed for one night, but felt a slight level of discomfort with the more conservative vibe of the hotel.

One disappointment was the lack of ability the front desk had in issuing 2 hotel key cards that both worked. I had mine replaced following an awkward moment trying to get into my room, only to find the second didn't work either. We also had a very unspectacular view of the Best Western and its pool from our 6th floor room. Ask if firm mattresses are available if it's important to you - ours was SO not.

Room Tip: Chose a downtown or harbour view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dopshgp, Director Of Operations at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.
Feedback such as yours helps us continually improve the guest experience at The Hotel Grand Pacific.

I was sorry to hear about your problems with the key cards.
The key card system is working however there are a number of reasons why a
card can become inactive in any hotel. We are looking at our system carefully to determine if an issue needs to be addressed.

Additionally, I was dissapointed to hear that you did not find the bed comfortable.
Please let us know if you choose to stay again and I quite certain that we will be able to find a solution for you.

Should you choose to stay again, please contact me directly at 1-800-663-7550 and I will see that you have an enjoyable visit.

Warm Regards,

Emory Haines
Director of Operations

Reviewed 22 June 2011

The rooms are still great and the beds very comfortable. Stayed here as I was attending a conference in Victoria. Front reception staff was great at giving instructions on how to walk to a nearby restaurant that we wanted to eat at. The only weakness is their parking lot. Difficult to get around and very narrow turns to get into parking stalls. The hotel was great working around the construction that was going on on the street in front of them. They made sure that you safely turn onto the street to get to their parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
dalemryan, Director of Sales at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our central location and easy access to the Royal BC Museum and other attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Victoria.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed in this hotel for business purposes and really enjoyed it! The room was large with 2 beds, the bathroom was clean and large, and most of all, it was very quiet! After a long day in meetings, I wanted to go for a run. Staff @ the front desk promptly gave me a running map with various good routes marked out. The gym was also great and I took full advantage of it the next morning. The views from the rooms were nice, and I'd certainly go again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, the Victoria Athletic Club. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

We loved the place, and had a room with spectacular view of the mountains. Typical top-end hotel with excellent service and great furnishings. However, for a business hotel, they lack a bit. No wireless in the room (had internet cable though), but no place near the desk to plug in your computer. We had 2 people trying to use computers but only 1 chair. Parking was also very expensive.

Location was super right near harbour, and lots to see nearby.

However there are cheaper places nearby with equal services.

Room Tip: Try for room higher up - great views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
elrosesk, General Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Dear Guest,

I apologize if you did not feel you received full value for your money.

I am pleased to inform you that later this summer the Hotel Grand Pacific will have complimentary wireless internet throughout the Hotel. As well, later this month, our wired internet will feature a 100 mbps (mega bit per second) fibre optic service. Typical internet upload and download speeds in other hotels are 20 mbps upload and 10 mbps download. Suffice to say, we are looking forward to this guest benefit!

I sympathize with your concern about our parking fees but we are priced well relative to our competitors.

Should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly at 1-800-663-7550 and I will ensure you receive an accessible AC outlet and a second chair for your guestroom.

Thank you for your kind comments about the Hotel and your patronage.

Kind regards,