“I love this hotel!”

Hotel Grand Pacific
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Top notch location in the harbor area, beautiful rooms and wonderful service! It was quiet and the staff are helpful and respectful. This hotel gives you the Victoria experience! I would wholeheartedly reccommend this hotel and will be back again for sure!

Room Tip: Pay the 8 dollar difference for valet parking.. they are wonderful and it is worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,170)

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Beautiful Hotel to stay while you fish for Salmon or Halibut. Very friendly staff and excellent food. My favorite place to stay in Victoria. Close to walking distance to all Harbor restaurants and sites Looking forward to come back. Cheers

Room Tip: Choose a harbor view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelGuyInvestor
Reviewed 16 May 2013

First time stay at the Hotel Grand, for one night, for business, & I will definitely return! The rooms are very clean, a bit dated, but overall very nice & beds very comfortable. Service was fantastic! Loved the valet staff! Friendly, helpful, very welcoming. The breakfast was delicious & wait staff exceptional. A bit pricey, but good and convenient. It was appreciated. The location is extremely convenient, right downtown Victoria beside the Parliament Buildings. My room had a view of a parking lot, so not the best, but room was inexpensive for business & quiet, which is more important to me when I have to work the following day. Would recommend this hotel to single female travelers. Area looks a little sketchy around the hotel, but I did not experience anything negative. Met friends at the Days Inn pub next door. Looks sketchy, but nice friendly people.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank netnrrd
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have stayed at several Victoria, BC hotels but none was better that the Grand Pacific. The location is perfect - we walked everywhere: sightseeing around the harbour area and each night to the restaurants for dinner. The hotel itself has the old-world charm with all the modern conveniences. The room was spacious with a balcony and lots of natural light. The staff was always helpful with whatever questions we had and the valet parking service was helpful. I would definitely stay at this property again!

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room with the harbour view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Well I've stayed here twice now! Once with a friend, and another time with my 3year old. It's beautiful, well kept. The staff went beyond their duty to help us out! A maintenance guy saw my friend and I struggling to get our baggage from the garage and helped us carry it to the lobby where a bell person then took it to our rooms! Upon check in we received a welcome package for my son! It has a bathtub rubber ducky,crayons,colouring pad, site seeing information on attractions kids might enjoy. It also informed us that every morning a staff member went to the duck pond on the property and you could feed the ducks etc with them! I honestly couldn't believe this hotel had all that after being there the time before with only my friend and feeling like the place was too posh for kids. But it was very welcoming. The pool and work out area was nice too.
Last thing ill add, it was SO close to everything! Walked to parliament, museum, even beacon hill park!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
James F, Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Catherine C,

I am so happy to hear we met and exceeded your expectations not once, but twice. We do pride ourselves on being a family friendly property, I'm happy you were able to experience that. I truly hope you'll return to enjoy our amazing property in the future. With the addition of our new bicycle loan program, you and your adult guests can now enjoy the surrounding areas on two wheels!

Warm regards,

James Fry
Director, Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Had two rooms. Love the location. All staff were helpful . Gave us a lower rate because the trip was for one of us to visit the cancer agency. The luxury gave us a needed boost during a difficult time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Easy commute to University of Victoria, walking distance to everything downtown. Beautiful interior, comfortable and clean. AAA discount, early check-in, would definitely stay again. Room service timely and hot, great restaurants, movie theatres, and other harbor options - whale watching, boat rides, ferry. Parking available under building - drive to Vancouver ferry, about 30-45 minutes. Great location, great stay.

Room Tip: Asked for Harbor View - small balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business