“Great hotel, great location, great staff.”

Hotel Grand Pacific
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is as Classic as the Empress without all the Hype. It's on the harbor with the Legislator Building next door and a short walk to the Royal BC Museum. The nice part is the lobby is not full of tourists wandering around for High Tea.
Our room faced the harbor with a great view from the balcony but far enough away from the harbor so as not to be a nuisance Starbucks coffee in the room with a refrigerator and bottled water with turn down service. The excellent staff is friendly and efficient.
The Breakfast buffet was not the extravaganza that some would expect but the food and service is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Packngo205

Reviewed 17 July 2014

When I made our reservation at this hotel, I specified I did not want a room near the tour busses and garbage trucks. That is exactly the type of room we were booked into. We had a very, very early awakening as a result. When I took this up with the management, Scott, the Manager of Guest Services, graciously upgraded us to a corner suite with a lovely harbor view. He seemed to really care that we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay.

The rooms and the public spaces were well appointed and immaculate. We ate in the dining room quite late on the night of our arrival, and the food was very good.
All in all, I would stay here again even without the upgrade.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Judy d
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I travel a great deal and find my stays at the Grand Pacific are something to look forward to. I rely on the friendly staff and excellent facilities to make my stay enjoyable. The fitness facility is better than the one I use at home and it is convenient to use morning or evening. Whether I eat at the hotel's restaurant or coffee shop the food is always good. I've taken my family on business trips and they agree their stays at the Grand Pacific are like a mini vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but the views are great out front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Within easy walking distance of Victoria Clipper terminal (Even with luggage) and right next door to the beautiful Parliament Building the hotel is perfectly located for all of the harbour area of Victoria. The Black Ball Ferry building is directly opposite the hotel for regular services to Port Angeles, Washington State.

On leaving the hotel and turning right the bus depot for the service to Vancouver is about 300 yards along the road.

We had a Pacific View room at the front of the hotel and all the harbour activities could be watched from our balcony including the constant take of and landings from the seaplane terminal opposite.

Room Tip: Choose a Pacific View room for views over the harbour from the balcony where you can sit out and see...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David R
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel every thing was first class. The location is perfect overlooking the harbour and and next to the Parliament building you can walk to all the shops and restaurants. Only regret wish we could have stayed longer.

Jim Mc

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very good property in a perfect location to explore beautiful Victoria. The Harbour was at our doorstep; Parliament was right next door; The Empress is a five minute walk as is the Victoria Clipper. Twenty minutes to the left is Fisherman's Wharf and twenty to the right is the heart of the Harbour activity.
Not having reliable internet was a real inconvenience. Posted letters explained timed upgrades but they never seemed accurate. We would
return only if this issue was resolved. (As a matter of fact I was kicked off line as I was writing this review at 5am.) A few hours w/o wi/fi is ok......several days is a real
downer.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank martyap
elrosesk, General Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the inconsistent internet service during your recent stay with us. Regrettably, we had unforseen challenges with our wireless upgrade that caused intermittent service interruptions. I do hope my colleagues informed you that both the internet service in our public areas and business centre was operational throughout this period?

This upgrade is now complete and our wireless internet is consistent and faster than ever.

Thank you for your feedback and your patronage.

Kind regards,

Reid James

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I rate this property at a five because of excellent service, comfort of the bed and work space, cleanliness, and location, being within walking distance to all of downtown Victoria. However, the view of the bay was limited. It was interesting and enjoyable, given that it included a fair amount of downtown and inner, inner harbor. But disappointing in that one did not get the sweep of the greater bay that other properties offer. The small patio, outdoor space was very nice. i might try for a view of the broader bay on my next trip to Victoria, but overall, the experience here was excellent. I add that our work conference was held at this property, and the food was wonderful, the accommodations for the conference were excellent. I also took a guided hike and that was an amazing experience. See my review of Rainforest Tours. Pick up and drop off at the hotel made this hike very easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay, perhaps the broadest view possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business