Our family stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in early August 2014.
1. Location! Location! Location! You can't beat this location on the Victoria Harbour, Parliament Buildings and near the Royal British Columbia Museum and Fairmont Empress Hotel.
2.Ocean View! Most rooms have some form of ocean view.
3. I was able to obtain a room for a great rate (regular room rate was quite high).
4. Generally, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
5. Hotel was clean.
6. Large fitness center and large length pool in natural lit skylight along with sauna, jacuzzi and steam room.
Opportunities to Strengthen
1. No reasonably priced restaurants on hotel site. I noticed a lot of the patrons went next door or off-site for food and couldn't help but think this was a lost opportunity for $$ for the hotel.
2. No extras - No free breakfast, no Happy Hour, no free cookies, snacks or bottled water. Other higher end hotels seem to offer this as standard now.
3. Although the hotel had bikes for free use by hotel guests (they were very hard to reserve), there always seemed to perpetually be bikes sitting at the hotel, unused. I inquired about this and the staff indicated they must keep the bikes available for the guests that reserved it (even if they hadn't shown up for hours for their specified time). The staff would not contact the guests to find out if they still wanted to use the bikes.
4. The Wifi was sporadic.
I would give this hotel a 5 if they addressed the noted issues, above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing Victoria's Inner Harbour and adjacent to the British Columbia Legislature, the Hotel Grand Pacific, recently voted World's Best, Top 500 places to stay by Travel + Leisure Magazine, is 2 blocks from Victoria's downtown restaurant and shopping scene, 2 blocks from the Victoria Conference Centre and 5 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, a working harbour surrounded by an array of food kiosks, unique shops and ecotour adventures. The Victoria of today is urban, outdoorsy, culinary and hip. Experience Victoria today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Grand Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand Pacific Victoria
- Hotel Grand Pacific Victoria, Vancouver Island