“Grand indeed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Grand indeed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the first few days of our honeymoon, and we couldn't have chosen a better place! The location is ideal, overlooking the inner harbour and right next to the parliament building. It is only a 5-10 minute walk to fisherman's wharf for the whale-watching companies, and also slap in the heart of downtown. The staff are lovely, very helpful and polite. The gym and swimming pool are excellent, though very popular in the mornings, and the food (we had breakfast) is very nice. You can also have use of bicycles at no extra charge for a couple of hours, which was brilliant for exploring a little further afield! The rooms were very comfortable and clean, and had everything that anyone would need for a wonderful stay. I wouldn't say that it was cheap here, but compared to the Fairmont over the road it represents exceptional value for money, and you feel that it was money well-spent. All in all, a first class establishment and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and again (and are planning to for our next holiday in Canada!)

Room Tip: The higher the better, and choose a harbour-view suite
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We just spent the weekend at the Grand Pacific and came away very impressed. The location versus the room cost and room quality is the best in Victoria. Walking distance to everything, but a little to the side of the hubbub of downtown. Especially noteworthy were the staff. Although a mid price hotel, the staff were uniformly exceptional in their professionalism and engagement with guests. This reminded me of what seems to largely be a by-gone era, where big city hotel guests were actually made to feel special and that hospitality was part of the experience. You cannot go wrong in staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbor view upgrade to a 1-bedroom suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cartagena
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

For me was a special place, very romantic, decoration style, personal.
the location is perfect. we came by ferry and was just perfect in front of the hotel.
just walk distance to everywhere.
i could recommend this option to any one.
rooms was perfect.

Room Tip: try to get a front view. mine was back and just a garden view. the rest is perfect.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Concord, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Participated on the Victoria Dragon Boat Festival for the first time, and Hotel Grand Pacific helped made the my stay a memorable experience. This modern luxurious hotel is located right on the harbor and the Seattle Ferry is just located right across the street. All the main attractions of Victoria and great restaurants are just short walking distance away. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Guests have free access of the pool with sauna, steam room, as well as the health club which was great in keeping yourself in shape. This is an excellent hotel and I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Victoria.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Checked into this hotel with no problems. Concierge was so quick and helpful. We had no idea what kind of room we were getting until we got into our double doored room. Wow who knew. Our room had a his and hers double sink, living room with separate doors and a private bedroom with French doors. I'm so impressed. Now for the little details. I'm real picky when it comes to teas/coffee in my hotel room and this hotel got it right on the money. They offer 2 types of tea, organic English breakfast and Organic green tea sencha (my favorite and #1 on my tea list). I hate going to hotels where they offer you cheap Lipton teas and their green tea has some weird mix of lemon. Keep It simple impresses me. All I have to say is excellent hotel with a great location. You can walk everywhere by the pier from here. The hotel amenities are excellent with a full equipped gym, towel service and swimming pool + sauna.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I traveled to the Island on the 11th from Nebraska USA for a wedding up the island and from the moment we pulled up to park the car with Johnny to the time we left there was not a single person or amenity that was not first rate.
We were upgraded to suite 1050 The Malahat suite and to say we were impressed would be an understatement!
From the 3 balconies, heated floors, heated towel rack to the bath salts we were so immersed in the room we decided to order room service instead of venturing down to the Harbor (did I mention the Harbor was right across the street and in full view of the 3 balconies?), the food was as delicious as the room was comfortable and was a great value!
Johnny gave me a map of the area for my morning run and even told me that could leave our rental car in valet until 6 pm so we had plenty of time to explore the Inner Harbor area and all it has to offer.
Thank you so much for allowing us to be your guest and the superb treatment we recieved from the Hotel Staff!
We will recommend the property to any and all and will certainly be back to enjoy the hotel in the future.
Tom H.
Lincoln ne.

Room Tip: Pick a harbor view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We held our Canada Administrative meeting at the Hotel Grand Pacific last week. It was the first time I've used this venue for a meeting and the service and facilities exceeded my expectations. The event/banquet managers were very professional and easy to communicate with from arranging the initial set up as well as the day of the meeting. Over half of our group (12 people) had food allergies/restrictions and they were more than happy to accomodate with specially made foods that were well labeled. One meeting attendee didn't advise me of her food restrictions ahead of time and at the first meal we had the person who oversaw our meals found out and had a meal prepared and delivered for her before everyone else finished eating. The food quality was excellent as well. The technical support for the meeting arrived the afternoon before to ensure everything ran smoothly and was there again the next morning before my meeting started which was much appreciated for some last minute set up. The hotel accomodations were great, and the 2nd vanity (in addition to the bathroom) allowed us to have two people stay per room. I would highly recommend the Hotel Grand Pacific for both hotel accomodations and as a meeting venue and plan to use them again in the future.

Michelle Swanson