“Convenient, but a bit pricey”

Hotel Grand Pacific
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 9 December 2009

The Hotel Grand Pacific is a beautiful, well maintained facility located across the street from Vicoria's Inner Harbour. It is only about a two minute walk from the Victoria Clipper which makes it very convenient for people traveling from Seattle and spending the night. The staff at this hotel were exceptional and went out of there way to help my husband and me figure out the public transit option for Butchard Gardens. The dining room staff were also friendly and the buffet on Sunday was reasonable and excellent. Our room was a little smaller than I expected, but very clean and appeared to be well maintained. My only irritant is that most hotels (even 4 and 5 star ones) don't seem to be able to find sheets that actually FIT their mattresses and this hotel was no different. Other than that, my husband and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 November 2009

We stayed here a couple of years ago and I think about it sometimes because we had a wonderful time. We had a corner suite and it was not cheap but the view made it worth it. The furnishings were nice, the bed comfortable and did I mention the view? If you can afford it, splurge on the view of the harbor. It is so worth it. The only snafu we had was that I took my son (1 years old) to the swimming pool. We were splashing around and there were a bunch of 12 - 15 years olds in the pool. They were completely out of control jumping into the pool and one kid almost landed on top of me (and my son). It had been going on for a while and the staff in the adjoining room were completely oblivious. I took my son and left. I was upset because my baby had almost gotten hurt and I felt like they should have taken some responsibility for the situation. Irregardless, I would go back but I might skip the pool. The hotel is great.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2009

highly recommended...has the access to everything..

Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I booked this hotel after reading Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. The room was peaceful, comfortable, and had an amazing harbor view. The maids were nice and kept everything spiffy. The concierge was spot on in all arrangements and recommendations. This was our annniversary trip and everyone helped make it special. The athletic club was probably the nicest I have seen at a hotel and we made good use og it.

We ate the first night in the hotel's Pacific restaurant and my duck was excellent. The concierge set us up with reservations at Nautical Nellies because we wanted great food and a not too formal atmosphere and it was perfect. He also arranged for us to see the play Jeckyl and Hyde at Craigdarroch Castle and that was a fun and creative evening. The hotel's attention to detail and personable staff created an amazing experience for us. I cannot recommend it too highly.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank s2000xer
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Great value for the money, and this hotel is right across from the ferry. We didn't pay for upgrade, but had view of the Legislative buildings all lit up at night, which was even better than the harbor view. We got a great deal on hotels.com and ended up with a corner suite.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My husband, 14 daughter and myself chose the Grand Pacific Hotel because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. Upon our arrival, the hotel was beautiful and the bellman very polite and helpful. The hotel let us check on 3 hours early thankfully, because our little one was desperately in need of a nap!! We had a Victoria Suite room, with a partial water view. The room was clean, and spacious for a family of 3. The drapes on the room were thick and they blocked out the light wonderfully, which is important for me! The hotel advertising as being kid friendly, and they did give my daughter a little gift bag, which was sweet, however we found the restaurants a bit too fancy for "family dining". They did have high chairs, and the food was great, but after the first night we found other restaurants to go to. Overall, the hotel was beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful, however I think that on our stay, we will check out the Empress because the view from there looks amazing.

Check out the "Bird Man" at the Grand Pacific Mon-Fri at 9a, in the courtyard. It is a great photo op and you get to feed the ducks. Great for all ages!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank KMacD876
Reviewed 3 October 2009

we had a great view from our balcony of the Empress, the inner harbor, sea plane and ferry activity, and the duck pond. the concierge was very helpful. sent us by miniferry to a nice patio dinner at the Spinnaker brew pub, museum, bug zoo, etc...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple