“The Absolute Best”
Review of Beaconsfield Inn

Beaconsfield Inn
Ranked #13 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My stay this past weekend was the absolute most comfortable, pleasant, plush and enjoyable experience I have ever had in a bed and breakfast. I could go on and on about the super comfy beds, plush robes, spacious rooms with beautiful tall ceilings, evening sherry hour, and imaginative, scrumptious breakfasts, but what truly stood out to me the most was how, at breakfast, the hosts went around to each table and asked details on the guests' evening the night before. They asked us about our hunt for the perfect bottle of wine. When they got to the couple beside us, they asked "How was Pescatores" (a local fish restaurant), then they continued around the room, remembering random details that everyone had told them on their way out that evening. It was truly something to see, that they took the time to truly LISTEN to their guests. It made quite the impression, as did the entire stay. For us two North Carolinans far, far from home, Gary and Warren represented Canada fantastically.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beaconsfield Inn

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

A rustic feel with modern amenities. Lovely lounge area with a bottle of sherry out between 6-8pm! WIFI and short walk to downtown Victoria, BC. The room was very comfortable. Bedding was very lush. Felt like home away from home. Bathroom was spacious and whirlpool room was a plus. The breakfast was marvelous. Fresh Cresent rolls, fruit cocktail and a ham and egg creation that was 5 star!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in Sept and had a wonderful time. The rooms were first class well appointed and very comfortable bed. Breakfasts were a joy with fantastic food served and choice of dining room. Gary &Warren were both very helpful and thanks to their recommendation
they booked us an excellent restaurant for my birthday. Would certainly recommend Beaconsfield Inn to anyone travelling to Victoria. Thanks guys. Angie & Glenn

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

In April, I spent four nights at this lovely inn. The home itself is gorgeous with rooms that are beautifully decorated and quite comfortable. Since it is located only four blocks from downtown Victoria, walking is a nice alternative to driving and parking. Innkeepers Gary and Warren extended a very warm welcome to me and they were most helpful in recommending fine restaurants and interesting sights in the area. The breakfasts were marvelous and with advance notice, Gary and Warren were happy to accommodate my special dietary needs. Without hesitation, I would stay at the Beaconsfield Inn again. Everything about my stay was perfect!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had a lovely two night stay. Comfortable rooms and delicious breakfast. Staff really pleasant and helpful. The attention to detail made the stay good value for money, for example the complimentary drinks, the evening sherry. Would return if visiting Victoria again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

From bedding to food to furnishings to appointments to food to staff, just a first class B&B. I am a fairly jaded traveller thanks to a company with nice travel benefits, and when I travel on my own my expectations are high. This exceeded them.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We wanted to share Victoria with family from Scotland who were visiting with us in our home in WA. They had been impressed by what they read of the Beaconsfield Inn on line, so, even though it was a financial stretch for us, we decided to give it a try. My husband and I stayed in the McClure room, and it was very comfortable. We are both tall, and we found the spaciousness, especially in the bathroom, quite delightful. The tub and the separate shower stall couldn't have been better! Everything in the inn is geared for the comfort of guests, and our needs were well met. The staff at the Inn went out of their way to do whatever they could to help, answering questions, booking reservations, offering vouchers, and so forth. I am giving four stars rather than five because we were a bit disappointed in the breakfasts. For example, the crab crepes were dry, and the frosted grapes, a boring dish. From all we had read about the food, our expectations were perhaps a bit high.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family