“Best Brew”

Vancouver Island Brewery
Ranked #51 of 178 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: We've Got It Good! If you're from the Island you know that We’ve Got it Good! It’s not just a catchy slogan, it’s the Island way of life. One that we take seriously here at Vancouver Island Brewery. Whether it’s fishing for the big one on the open ocean, carving the slopes of Mount Washington or smacking the ball at the local Golf Course. Whatever, whenever, if you’re enjoying one of those “we’ve got it good” moments, chances are a Vancouver Island Brewery beer is never far from reach.
Victoria, BC
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Brew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

amazing staff and a great product. don't change a thing,

Saratoga Springs, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hermann's Dark Lager”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

I didn't know the brewery offered tours but I discovered Hermann's Dark Lager on a recent trip to Vancouver Island, absolutely superb if you like dark beer. Try some if you happen to be there. We were right in Victoria but didn't know about the tours ... will definitely take the tour next time I'm back there.

3 Thank danascot
Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Piper's and the Hermannator....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2009

I have to agree.... great tour, knowledgeable people, and of course - generous samples!

Tours are $6 - 3pm on Fridays and Saturdays. I'd imagine the summer is pretty busy, but we showed up just a few minutes before 3 this winter and had no trouble securing a spot.

My parents gave my fiance and I a coupon for their weekend tour and we brought my sister along as well. The three of us know our beer and the general tour was fairly standard - however it was at the bar (while testing the samples) that the questions started to flow. And our tour guide knew the answers to almost all of them! We really enjoyed the camaraderie of the entire group and learned a lot about the island's first craft brewery.... we will be back next winter for the Hermannator!

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great place to try excellent beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

had a great tour of Vancouver Island Brewery beginning of July. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Generous with the samples of the various types of beer.(tastes great) Would highly reccomend it to any beer lover!

1 Thank travelfanToronto