“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #39 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The beginning of March 2013 we stayed her for 4 days, 3 nights. We found all the staff very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and the included breakfast was fabulous. We ate in the pub several times and found the food very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The price was very reasonable for the room as well as the meals. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RJandV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2013

After looking around the pubs in downtown Victoria and finding them packed we decided to pop into Redds on the way home after dinner and while it was great to be able to be in a pub quiet enough to talk to your friends (am I just getting old???) there was very little atmosphere. Had a few drinks and some appies - nothing to write home about - just no real atmosphere in the pub.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Not in the downtown core but well maintained. Quite! The staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast needs a slight improvement, maybe hashbrowns could be made available.
Excellent shopping nearby. Easy to access with main streets and highways nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Burleson,Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This is an older hotel, but the rooms are clean and the beds are Super comfotable. Has not been updated in awhile (no flat screen TV) but if you are there to rest up and to see the sights and not spend all day in the room, a very pleasant place. Easy to navigate to and from so I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SMAZ
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My friend and I recently took a trip to Victoria BC, which began with a disastrous stay at the Comfort Inn (actually, Comfort Hotel and Conference Centre). We had a reservation for two nights, and after checking-in we made our way past the stain-laden carpets in the hallway to our room. Immediately upon opening the door we were hit with a strong musty, moldy smell and stain-covered carpet. We returned to the reception and explained the situation and asked if we could stay in another room, they gave us another room though the strong odor was still there. Even though I am generally not picky when it comes to accommodations, but the smell was pretty appalling by any standards.

Not wanting to spend any more time attempting to change rooms again, we figured we’d deal with it later and try to make the best of what was left of the day. We went to reception to inquire about points of interest and while we were there, also asked if there happened be any cleaner rooms to spend the following night in. Receptionist said that all the rooms were the same but if we wanted we could talk to the manager, Joe, who was there. We politely described the situation and the condition of the rooms. The manager immediately became defensive and abruptly said, “look, we maintain a very clean hotel here, and I don’t appreciate your accusations. There are about 20 other hotels nearby and you are welcome to move into one of those. In fact, I will have you checked out right now” (signaling to the young man behind the counter). Needless to say we were absolutely shocked at his response. I told the manager that we had no intention of moving out, and that we didn’t have time nor we should be forced to look for other accommodations at this late stage, to which he responded “no, you are wrong, you are already checked out. I will have your luggage moved downstairs and you can pick it up now or later”. While we stepped out of the lobby to discuss our next move, the manager came out to the parking lot near our car and said, “your luggage is being brought down and good luck”. I replied that we first have to see if we can get a suitable accommodation at this late stage. He answered “you don’t seem to understand, you are checked out, we don’t want you here”.
In my 45 years of domestic and international travels, I had never encountered anything near such insulting, unprofessional, and hostile behavior from any hotel staff, especially a manager. I wrote to Comfort Inn (Choice Hotels) describing our experience, and have yet to receive a response. With so many alternatives for cleaner, more pleasant and professionally managed hotels available, I am not sure if I will ever risk staying at another Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank bernard s

Travellers are raving about these Victoria hotels

Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for business on several occasions and been very happy with it, the price is fabulous. Until... the last time. They put me in the Auxiliary building across the parking lot which looks a bit run down on the outside, but I thought "what the heck, it will be better inside." When I got in, I was absolutely appalled at the condition of the 'lobby'. It appeared filthy, the carpet was disgusting, looked like it had not seen a carpet cleaner in decades and desperately needed to be replaced. The same with the carpet in the room. The room had new furniture which looked lovely, but the carpet ruined it all. I actually had the heebie jeebies. The straw for me was the food and spittle all over the hand piece on the phone.

I went to the front desk and complained, the clerks moved me to the main hotel. I was perfectly happy, although not until after I checked the condition of the phone!

If you stay here, don't let them put you in the auxiliary building. As to the free breakfast, it is fabulous, basic, but fabulous choices from eggs, sausage/ham, etc, waffles, toast, pasteries, yogurt, fruit, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Althea V
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Nice room, I had a one bedroom suite. The room was clean and spacious. The gym had older equipment, no elipitical but had a universal gym. The staff was nice and helpful. There is a wine and beer store on site. The restauraunt/bar was average, the food was not great. Downtown to the nightlife and restauraunts is about a $10 cab ride. There is a mall next door. Typical comfort inn experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business