“Good value hotel”

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Pickering, Canada
“Good value hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was complimentary, which was a nice plus. There is a pub next door which compliments the hotel in terms of food/beverage services. Hall outside of room was not air-conditioned and had a strange odour, but fortunately, you could not smell it in the room. Good place for a one or two night stay.

1 Thank grmacPickering
Greg M, Director of Sales & Marketing at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

Our Housekeeping Department takes great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy a meal in our attached pub.

We hope to welcome you again the next time you are here in Victoria.

Comfort Inn & Suites Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Room was in the 5 storey building it was reasonably large. It was nice and relaxing overnight stay. beddings are new added by a low room rate. They also have complimentary breakfast which is awesoe as we have to go back to Vancouver early in the morning where most of the resto are still closed. I will stay again in this hotel when I come back to Victoria Island.

Room Tip: Rooms in 5 storey building is more cleaner and nicer.
1 Thank Carmela R
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, Carmela.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Tower building and that our complimentary breakfast was convenient and quick for you.

We would love to see you the next time you are in Victoria.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A good overnight stay in Victoria - the hotel is near Fisherman's Wharf and Victoria downtown. Room is reasonably large, decoration is old fashion but can't complain given the low room rate. Our room was on ground floor but suprisingly quiet. They also offered complimentry breakfast, not a large selection but good enough with sausages and eggs, waffles and muffins etc. Guest overnight parking is also free. We do recommend it if you are looking for a quick stay in Victoria.

4 Thank lilyhk1986
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Located about 5 minute drive from the Inner Harbour, this location is decent if you have your own car. I made the mistake of booking a pet-friendly room, which put me in an old one-level building, and my room is located on the ground floor. As a result, I felt like staying at a motel rather than a hotel. I wish I could switch to another room in the newer section but the front desk said the hotel was fully booked that night.

My room was ok clean at the first glance. Then we found out there was a used disposable cup sitting in the mini fridge, a dead wasp underneath the blanket and no bathing soap. All this tell me housekeeping is not up to par. The A/C is controlled by the thermostat and it's not working too well. I woke up several times during the night covered in sweat. I had to manually turn up the power so that it will continue to spit out cold air. Because our room was on the ground floor facing the parking lot and the room door was rather thin, I could clearly hear my fellow travellers talking, banging car doors and loading their luggages (not their fault). It wasn't a good night rest.

Our rates included complimentary breakfast and it's served from 6-10am. When I arrived at 9am, there was already a long line up because most people were waiting for the waffle machine. Instead of breaking the line into one for food and one for drinks, everyone had to line up if they want anything. I guess you could go right to the juice machine but you needed to cut the line and explain to everyone that you wanted to get a drink only which could be a hassle.

I am not sure if I would stay here again but if i do, I will make sure that I book a room in the newer section.

Room Tip: book a room in the newer section
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank crossover604
Martensville
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a cycling event that began and ended near there. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, even in the middle of the night (event started at 3AM). Our rooms were very clean, and had nice bathrooms.

No pool or hot tub.

Breakfast room seems a bit disorganized, but pretty good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie Ann C
Arizona City, Arizona
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Made the reservation through Booking.Com and reserved a King Suite in the new tower (on the top floor) close to the elevator. I learned of a senior discount and amended the booking through Booking.Com (who called the property and had them approve the discount) and reconfirmed the reservation...When we checked in I was told that the tower rooms were all gone and we had to stay in the old section, we were very disappointed in the room and the service. The first day when we returned to our room (at 6:00 PM) it had not been cleaned. The breakfast is a joke for quality. The tiny paper coffee cups make you feel like a child who is not worthy of an adult portion. Unfortunately we visited Victoria in the height of the tourist season and could not find another property for our stay so we just had to endure our disappointment. When we checked out there was no senior discount...

Room Tip: Make sure you get the property to post a bond to make sure you get the room you reserve...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Socrates229

Travellers are raving about these Victoria hotels

Parksville
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great Location
Nice Clean Updated Rooms
Great Breakfast Included in Room Price

Only issue is cleaning staff did not clean or make up our room. I do not want to make or tidy my room when I am on holidays. When I brought this to the attention of the desk staff nothing was done. Shame on you desk staff.....someone should have come and cleaned my room at least given me clean towels and made the beds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lesliegrabove
Greg M, Director of Sales & Marketing at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, Lesliegrabove.

We have an automated system for our rooms and there is no doubt that your room should have been included in this. We are currently looking into this situation as there was an obvious glitch in our system. We are also looking into our front desk procedures to avoid future incidents like this.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention; it is comments like these that help us further improve our customer service and internal procedures.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Victoria.