We stayed in the hotel twice last year, and were happy enough with it to book again this year. However we were a bit less happy this year.
We have now stayed there four times. the first two times we got room 150 which was spacious and had a kitchenette. We were expecting the same this time around, but for the first stay of six days we were given room 156, which was unworkably small for us. For our second stay of two days we got room 162 which was more spacious and had a kitchenette again.
It's an inexpensive hotel. The rooms are well appointed for what they are. The beds are comfortable. The air conditioning was pretty noisy and opening the windows lets in road noise. The section we were in is a separate building, and really more like a motel. So you get a stream of people walking past your room, which can also be noisy late at night.
Location is not downtown, but convenient for us as we were visiting friends. The staff are helpful. Some of the public areas are nice, others could use refurbishment.
The breakfast is included, but it's very no frills. The breakfast room was also very crowded. They opened an overflow room, but didn't put supplies in there (e.g. spreads for toast) so we had to interrupt other diners and ask for some of theirs. The breakfast is also served on cheap paper plates and plastic cutlery. We ended up skipping the breakfast most days.
The hotel is workable but not outstanding. We would certainly consider staying there again, but we would also look at other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 152 well-appointed rooms, our hotel comfortably accommodates both business and leisure travellers. The Comfort Inn & Suites Victoria not only offers some of the best rates in Victoria, but each stay includes a complimentary hot breakfast buffet and ample free parking. Our conference and meeting spaces can accommodate a wide range of events, from large trade shows and weddings to small meetings. Redd’s Pub, our on-site restaurant, offers diners traditional pub fare, with a pleasant mix of international flavours. For you convenience, we also have a cold beer and wine store onsite, Rosie's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel And Conference Centre
- Holiday Inn Victoria
- Victoria Holiday Inn
- Comfort Inn & Suites Victoria, Vancouver Island