“Where has good Customer Service Gone???”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Campbell River, Canada
“Where has good Customer Service Gone???”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I unfortunately stayed at the comfort inn this weekend. I was rushed down to Victoria because my grandpa was given 3 days to live due to lung cancer. We checked into the hotel around 1am and the night attendant told us that if we need to stay another night to just let him know in the morning. When we got to the hospital in the morning, we found out my grandpa was going to have a treatment done that he might not make it out of. I called the hotel to extend my stay and you wont believe the response I was given. The first person that answered the phone told me there were no rooms left for that evening so I asked to speak to the manager to see if there was anything he could do. When he handed over the phone (to which he said was the manger) I explained my situation he first told me he had no rooms and when I said for sure... he put me on hold, when he came back he magically had one left. But it had a king and a pull out and we were in a room with 2 doubles. I asked him if there was anyway he could move one of the arrivals into that room as I’m sure there was a couple arriving that would probably prefer a king to 2 double. He then told me that everyone arriving were families with 4 people. Which I find very hard to believe. When I explained to him that I couldn’t leave right then to come get my stuff as my grandpa might die during this treatment, he then told me I was going to ruin someone’s family holiday if I didn’t move it. The nerve. I them said please don’t tell me I am ruining someone’s vacations right now... he started to yell at me so loud in the phone that when I moved it out an arms length away everyone in the waiting room of the cancer treatment clinic could hear him, I was so upset, if I tell you my grandpa is dying yelling at me is probably not going to help. My dad then had to leave the hospital and go take out stuff out of our room. We switch hotels for that night and will never step foot in that hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank jjmorgan45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel during the last week of April for a conference. The hotel itself is very very clean. Despite how dated the bathrooms are, the room was very very neat and spotlessly clean. I stayed in room 114 on the main floor. It's pretty much a no frills hotel with nothing spectacular to offer. They offer a free continental breakfast each morning.

Staff was pleasant.

The usual rates are cheaper than what my colleagues and I paid, despite them advertising it as a "special" rate for our conference. I did not like that at all, especially when we found out that waterfront hotels looking over the harbour right downtown by the Legislative building were newer and cheaper! Regular rates, even online for this hotel were below $90 per night when we were charged $115 per night...gouging?

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We had an amazing stay at the Comfort Hotel (3020 Blanshard Street) in Victoria. Stayed in the executive tower. Room and hotel was very clean, staff very accommodating. Small work out facility is new and well kept. Continental breakfast was great!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple