“Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful Staff”

Best Western Plus Inner Harbour
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had a wonderful weekend stay at this hotel. It is on the Inner Harbour and everything Victoria has to offer is at your doorstep. The front desk staff and the housekeeping staff are friendly and very helpful in suggesting local shopping venues, local tours, and great restaurants. They aim to please. The penthouse is clean and spacious with a cozy atmosphere; the view of the city and harbour is spectacular. Also, a breakfast buffet is included and consists of a variety of fresh fruit, yogurt, hot/cold cereal, muffins, toast, eggs, sausage and hot/cold beverages. When I return for a stay in Victoria I will happily stay with the Best Western Inner Harbour.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had to stay in town after a function recently, and chose to stay here because I have always had really good experiences with Best Westerns. I was greeted warmly when I check in, and then even got a call a little while later from the guy at the front desk to make sure everything was great in my room. It was! In my quick packing, when I needed some toiletries I had forgotten the desk person ran some up to me. The room I stayed in was 302 and it was really clean and quiet for sleeping. The bed was soooo comfortable and I checked the label to see if I can find the same one when I replace mine at home. Thanks for a really great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Room was small but suitable, bed covers not very clean and the heating in the room appeared to be broken as it was unbearably hot during the night despite the relatively cool weather outside. Bathroom was adequate in size but had no window and limited ventilation meaning the room smelled of damp once four of us had showered. Location was great only a minutes walk to the harbour and 5 minutes to parliament buildings and main shopping street. Reception staff were extremely helpful in providing restaurant recommendations which we would never have found otherwise.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex B
Burnaby
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Very easy to find and great location downtown. The front desk staff knew where the good books stores were and they referred us to go next door to the restaurant and lounge as they didn't have any and we were pleasantly surprised. Walk to the Empress, water front, Parliament Buildings and all through downtown, Chinatown etc. Beautiful lights everywhere and on every corner was some carollers or a historian story teller. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We got a free room as we have a rewards card and I am sure we could have switched rooms if we wante...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2012

What an amazing location, close to everything, I have stayed at this Best Western many times now over the last years and have just LOVED every visit. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and there's a cute kitchen included. The staff is always courteous and very "approachable". I love that the breakfast is included, and it's served in this lovely area that has light streaming in.I used the whirlpool and sauna, nice. I did not actually swim in the pool, but looked quite lovely. I gladly recommend this hotel, it's in an ideal spot to discover Victoria.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We really enjoyed our honeymoon stay at the Best Western in the penthouse! We found the staff to be very accommodating and welcoming- the staff even left us a little congratulations letter and gift on the occasion of our marriage! The room was very clean and the kitchenette had all the basics of a regular kitchen. Housekeeping kept the room very tidy and the jacuzzi tub and fire place were super relaxing. We enjoyed our time walking in the inner harbour and felt very safe walking at night. The view from the penthouse balcony was beautiful. Our balcony wrapped around the building and we could see the Empress hotel and the inner harbour.

Thank you to the Best Western staff for making our honeymoon a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The penthouse was great! The jacuzzi tub and fireplace were very relaxing and the view from the balc...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura M G
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Parked our bikes in the underground parking area on a Friday night. Saturday morning discovered items had been stolen from them.
Staff not willing to call police or check security cameras until Monday when the manager would be in.
Apparently the thefts walked unchallenged past the desk at four A.M. and let them self’s out the unsecured door in the parking area. These guys had access to the elevators and hallways. With this kind of nonchalant attitude toward safety it`s just a matter of time before a guest is assaulted.

Not a safe place to stay. Not up to Best Western standards.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank William K
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear William,

We sincerely regret the incident that occurred during your recent stay. Security and safety of our guests is the utmost priority for us at all times. To state otherwise is completely unfounded.

Such incidents in our parkade are extremely rare. However, as a precaution, we advise guests at check-in to review our parking policy which recommends not leaving any articles in the vehicle and similar signage is posted in our parkade. Unfortunately, despite our very best efforts, these types of incidents can still occur. And the same applies to any parkade anywhere.

We take such incidents very seriously. We feel that our staff did their very best to assist you in this stressful situation. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.