“Very good and friendly!”

Best Western Plus Inner Harbour
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very good and friendly!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed this "Black Friday" weekend. We are from near by but wanted to stay in Victoria to "shop till we dropped" and just relax afterwords.. The hotel room was perfect with super helpful staff. Breakfast was good too! We will be back and thank you to the staff for being so helpful !!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaltySpringBob
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you had an great visit to Victoria and I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us and give us the opportunity to play a part in your Black Friday shopping weekend! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Rachel Dickinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I chose this hotel because we wanted a place for a mid-week, overnight stay while in Victoria. As a Victoria area resident it was solely a way to not be stuck driving home at night after a show. I was impressed from when I booked the room a month earlier as a walk-in guest then the quick check-in when we arrived. The room was spotless, queen beds with lots of pillows, a balcony with the view of the Coho and a small park below us. Nice surprise of a kitchenette other than the locked cupboards (I assumed they could be unlocked if a guest wished to use whatever lurked within). The bathroom was not outstanding but had lots of towels, basic amenities and was clean.
Overall my daughter and I had no complaints with the room. As she had a migraine and I had forgotten to ensure we were not within sound of the elevator - we were directly across from it - we discovered that the room was very well soundproofed.
I was disappointed with the breakfast, eggs were rather strange, as were the sausages. The plates were melamine or whatever the material is for 'plastic' plates. This is a hotel not a cafeteria! The one server's sole role appeared to be one of replenishing the 'buffet' area which she did with a smile and politeness, otherwise everything is self serve including clearing your own table. Therefore, seeing a rather prominent jug saying 'tips' was, to me, completely out of place as tips should be for excellent service. I would rather have given the check-in staff a tip. Unfortunately check-out took too long with only one person at the desk.
The front entrance being repaved was a problem for anyone with a mobility problem as the back entrance meant navigating stairs, a rocky, uneven side pathway and a deeper than normal step down to the pavement. In a city that caters to tourists this should have been considered.
Otherwise this is a great choice for anyone wanting to be within walking distance of anywhere in downtown Victoria and I will seriously consider staying here again when it is too late for a bus or I do not want to drive the 35km home.

Room Tip: Choose a park side room. We were on the 7th floor with a great view.
1 Thank sigehaizi
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Victoria.

We appreciate your comments as well as the compliments, as the feedback really helps us see where we can continue to improve our hotel experience for future guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

LuvOceanBreezes
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was my first time staying at a Best Western and I was truly impressed!! The hotel is a terrific place that is centrally located in beautiful downtown Victoria - just a short walk from many shops, restaurants as well as the waterfront. Easy access to whale-watching and other waterfront excursions. No need for a taxi. Convenient shuttle service to Victoria International Airport for $21 USD one way.

I am always concerned about room cleanliness when I stay in a hotel; and I was truly impressed with this place!! The Best Western Plus Inner Harbour was spotless. My room was meticulously clean. I had a very comfortable bed and a gorgeous view of the harbor. I stayed in a corner Queen Room that had two large balconies and a little kitchenette. The room was a good size. There are other larger rooms (which are suites) but the view from my 1-Queen Bed Room was unsurpassed.

The staff was outstanding! Warm, welcoming and very accommodating. They were accessible to discuss room types and preferences before my visit and were proactive about assisting. My compliments to the following Guest Services Representatives: Kirsten; Craig; Bruce and
Shane. They were all professional, knowledgeable and helpful and certainly deserve recognition.

Just wish I could have stayed longer! I hope to return and stay again soon.

Room Tip: High floor; harbor view rooms are the best! Pretty close to them are the rooms with a park or reside...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
WOW! Thank you for the glowing review and for sharing with us how pleased you were with our Inner Harbour location, service of our team and of course the harbour view studio you stayed in.
I will be sure to share your kind compliments with the rest of our hotel team.

Thank you again!

Surrey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Not only is the hotel located right on the harbour in downtown Victoria, but it is a great value! Very friendly staff, good sized rooms, quiet area, and within walking distance to several attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Terrific location, most comfortable bed we've ever slept in! Amazing complementary breakfast including hot eggs, hash browns and sausages. We've stayed here many times and their recent upgrades make it even a better value.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Our first time in this hotel did not disappoint. Due to some driveway construction we were given a free upgrade to the opposite side of the hotel, which just happened to come with a view of the beautiful Inner Harbour and a kitchenette. We watched the sunset, saw the lights of the Empress come on, and saw the Coho ferry pull away from its dock. Magical. Room 509 was very clean with two queen beds and two comfy armchairs. My original request had been for a scent free room due to severe allergies but, with the room change, I found that scented fabric softener had been used in those bathroom towels. I stopped in at the front desk as we left for dinner and Craig took care of it. By the time we got back later that evening, all the towels had been replaced by unscented ones. Hooray! Craig also recommended the Swiftsure restaurant right next door to the hotel where we had a delicious meal with fast service and reasonable prices. Beds were super comfy, the room was quiet, and the free continental breakfast was adequate. We appreciated being able to leave our car in their secure underground parkade while we did some sightseeing after our checkout the next day. We will most definitely stay here again. My only suggestion for improvement would be that the hotel should switch to unscented products for doing their linens and towels. "Clean" is the best smell!

Room Tip: Room 509 had a great view overlooking a small park with the Inner Harbour across the street. Nice li...
Nanoose Bay, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Comfortable room with great view of the Inner Harbour. Easy walking distance to many sites... the museum, the harbour, good restaurants and shopping. Would definitely stay here again. Rates were very low and included free breakfast. Staff was welcoming and very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple