“Wonderful location and view”

Best Western Plus Inner Harbour
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chilliwack, Canada
“Wonderful location and view”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

As a Diamond member, I was upgraded to a room with a kitchenette and lovely view of the harbour. There is a park separating the hotel and harbour which adds to the enjoyment. A quick, brisk walk in 5 minutes had us at the heart of the shopping. Good staff, clean hotel, comfortable beds.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Denise,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your getaway to Victoria. We are pleased to hear how we were a good fit and good value and that you were able to make the best of the convenient location our hotel offers. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Victoria.

Rachel Dickinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cumberland, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Clean, quiet and comfy. Beautiful view and the kitchen in our room was very quaint. Breakfast was great and lots of variety. Couldn't ask for anything more. We were walking distance to all the downtown area and it put us close family too. Happy friendly staff and and an overall wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for making us your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Victoria. I am pleased to hear that you were provided with "clean, quiet and comfy" accommodation, and were also impressed with the variety of our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Bellevue, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great location, walking distance to most everything, breakfast included, quiet, comfortable, plenty of amenities for lengthier stays including laundry facilities. I would definitely stay again. Appreciated the staff accommodating a departure change and checking baggage so we could roam a bit more. So convenient and loved having the kitchenette.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It pleases us to hear that you were impressed with all of the amenities that we offer at the hotel. And you are correct - the laundry facilities are certainly popular with guests who choose to stay for a longer period and take advantage of our great Winter Long Stay Program.

We are glad to hear that you would definitely stay with us again and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Victoria.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed this "Black Friday" weekend. We are from near by but wanted to stay in Victoria to "shop till we dropped" and just relax afterwords.. The hotel room was perfect with super helpful staff. Breakfast was good too! We will be back and thank you to the staff for being so helpful !!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaltySpringBob
Thank you for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you had an great visit to Victoria and I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us and give us the opportunity to play a part in your Black Friday shopping weekend! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Sooke, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I chose this hotel because we wanted a place for a mid-week, overnight stay while in Victoria. As a Victoria area resident it was solely a way to not be stuck driving home at night after a show. I was impressed from when I booked the room a month earlier as a walk-in guest then the quick check-in when we arrived. The room was spotless, queen beds with lots of pillows, a balcony with the view of the Coho and a small park below us. Nice surprise of a kitchenette other than the locked cupboards (I assumed they could be unlocked if a guest wished to use whatever lurked within). The bathroom was not outstanding but had lots of towels, basic amenities and was clean.
Overall my daughter and I had no complaints with the room. As she had a migraine and I had forgotten to ensure we were not within sound of the elevator - we were directly across from it - we discovered that the room was very well soundproofed.
I was disappointed with the breakfast, eggs were rather strange, as were the sausages. The plates were melamine or whatever the material is for 'plastic' plates. This is a hotel not a cafeteria! The one server's sole role appeared to be one of replenishing the 'buffet' area which she did with a smile and politeness, otherwise everything is self serve including clearing your own table. Therefore, seeing a rather prominent jug saying 'tips' was, to me, completely out of place as tips should be for excellent service. I would rather have given the check-in staff a tip. Unfortunately check-out took too long with only one person at the desk.
The front entrance being repaved was a problem for anyone with a mobility problem as the back entrance meant navigating stairs, a rocky, uneven side pathway and a deeper than normal step down to the pavement. In a city that caters to tourists this should have been considered.
Otherwise this is a great choice for anyone wanting to be within walking distance of anywhere in downtown Victoria and I will seriously consider staying here again when it is too late for a bus or I do not want to drive the 35km home.

Room Tip: Choose a park side room. We were on the 7th floor with a great view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sigehaizi
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Victoria.

We appreciate your comments as well as the compliments, as the feedback really helps us see where we can continue to improve our hotel experience for future guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

LuvOceanBreezes
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was my first time staying at a Best Western and I was truly impressed!! The hotel is a terrific place that is centrally located in beautiful downtown Victoria - just a short walk from many shops, restaurants as well as the waterfront. Easy access to whale-watching and other waterfront excursions. No need for a taxi. Convenient shuttle service to Victoria International Airport for $21 USD one way.

I am always concerned about room cleanliness when I stay in a hotel; and I was truly impressed with this place!! The Best Western Plus Inner Harbour was spotless. My room was meticulously clean. I had a very comfortable bed and a gorgeous view of the harbor. I stayed in a corner Queen Room that had two large balconies and a little kitchenette. The room was a good size. There are other larger rooms (which are suites) but the view from my 1-Queen Bed Room was unsurpassed.

The staff was outstanding! Warm, welcoming and very accommodating. They were accessible to discuss room types and preferences before my visit and were proactive about assisting. My compliments to the following Guest Services Representatives: Kirsten; Craig; Bruce and
Shane. They were all professional, knowledgeable and helpful and certainly deserve recognition.

Just wish I could have stayed longer! I hope to return and stay again soon.

Room Tip: High floor; harbor view rooms are the best! Pretty close to them are the rooms with a park or reside...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
WOW! Thank you for the glowing review and for sharing with us how pleased you were with our Inner Harbour location, service of our team and of course the harbour view studio you stayed in.
I will be sure to share your kind compliments with the rest of our hotel team.

Thank you again!

Surrey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Not only is the hotel located right on the harbour in downtown Victoria, but it is a great value! Very friendly staff, good sized rooms, quiet area, and within walking distance to several attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business