“Courteous Well Appointed and Friendly Hotel.”

Best Western Plus Inner Harbour
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersBronze level
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Courteous Well Appointed and Friendly Hotel.”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Having viewed the comments on Trip Advisor I made a reservation with the hotel. I normally stay at the Royal Scot opposite, so this was an opportunity to make a comparison.
The readers reviews are consistent and well deserved. From the moment I entered the reception I was met with a courteous and friendly face. My room (106) located a few yards from the reception was most convenient. Although the room was on the ground floor and opposite the road I did not hear any noise from traffic.
The room was very well appointed with all the home-from-home things we would expect. A fridge/microwave was tucked away in a corner near the built in wardrobe. There are other rooms with full kitchens which I did not require.
The king size bed was super comfortable, (I'm over 6' and like plenty of room).The 4 alternative pilows was nice to see, if you prefer a soft or firm pillow.
The bathroom well appointed with a nice dispenser above the bath/shower for shampoo/conditioner or bath gel. This is much better than trying to use those small disposable containers that fall into the bath.
I would like to complement a particular member of staff and indeed hope senior management will take note: I had a problem with my 'Tablet' in so much that I could not receive my favourite classical music station from the U.K. via the hotels free wi-fi. I casually mentioned this to Craig at the front desk and in moments he attended my room and sorted out my problem by checking my tablet and identifying the issue. I found out during conversation with this charming and courteous young man , that he had worked with cell phones/tablets etc., in a 'previous life'. The moral of this story is never underestimate the hidden talents of the front desk! Thanks again Craig, I will always remember your exceptional support.
Lets not forget the house-keeping: These are truly the people that ensure our rooms are kept in good condition. My room was serviced by 'Lannie'' apologises if that is not how the name is spelt. It was so refereshing to have a chat with such a cheerful and friendly member of staff. I felt that we had know each other for years!
So, if you are looking for a place to stay in Victoria, you will not be disappointed with the Best Western Inner Harbour.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Maryland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed for 5 nights here. The rooms have recently been updated and are nice with a small kitchen. This place is clean, clean, clean! The beds are new and comfy. What makes this place really stand out is the staff. They are amazing! They are so happy and helpful. The location is excellent. It is walking distance to just about everything. We will be back!

Room Tip: Garden rooms have a nice view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tigger340
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Inner Harbour for our 32nd anniversary. We spent time researching the hotels through Trip Advisor and almost chose a couple of other hotels but decided on the BW. We're so happy we did. It was an easy walk to the harbour, downtown, museum, and restaurants. The person we spoke to by phone was very helpful every time we called, and the front desk staff was always helpful with suggestions on restaurants. We liked the variety of food that was offered at the breakfast buffet and especially enjoyed the scones! Our room was on the harbour side and had a beautiful view, was clean, and the bed was great. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the harbour side, fifth floor or higher.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nurky
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The location is good and quiet. It had a small kitchen with kettle and some dining utensils.The room is clean and the bed is comfortable and big.

The staff are helpful and friendly when we requested early check-in and late check-out, they could show me the right way to differernt famous restaurants and tourist attraction very fast. It helps us save time to look for.

The breakfast is delicious and perfect.

Room Tip: Request the higher floors and select the balcony is faced the inner harbour. The view is nice and be...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our room on the 6th floor was tiny, but we enjoyed the balcony overlooking the harbor, with the floatplanes coming and going. The location is great also. We walked everywhere we went, downtown, Beacon Hill Park, etc. It is convenient to the dock of the ferry from Port Angeles. Try to get a balcony room on the sixth or seventh floor for the view.

Room Tip: Balcony overlooking the harbor!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelowna
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Hotel is relatively new compared to many in the area. Terrific large spacious rooms (mine had a small kitchenette with fully equipped kitchen); comfortable and well laid out. For the inner harbour area this is one of the best value's in the area. The hot breakfast is fabulous; good selection; large spacious eating area. Great service. Parking is a fair price for the area at $8 per night in a secured underground garage. Hotel staff have customer service written all over them; always smiling and laughing; hold great conversation with each guest I witnessed; and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for room with kitchenette and harbour view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The things that I've come to expect in an "economy accommodation" are helpful staff, cleanliness, quiet, decent sized rooms and a comfortable bed. Those are my basics. In this instance, all of those expectations were met or surpassed.

Check-in was fast and friendly. Location is unbeatable for downtown Victoria. The room was a little larger than anticipated with a small kitchenette. Fridge, stove, microwave...all of those conveniences. Standard (nice) Best Western decor. The bed was very comfortable. Even a small balcony with patio furniture. Lots of hot water. While the toilet amenities (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) are provided, they are in dispensers, rather than little plastic bottles. No big deal. I'd rather they forego that, in favour of the environment, in any event.

Small business centre in the lobby. Quite small fitness centre, but, everything is in good working order. Nice whirlpool/hot tub! Steam room AND a dry sauna, too! Made good use of all of these.

The complimentary breakfast is better than average with pancakes and simple omelettes as part of the offered items.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Room Tip: I always try for a corner room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple