Having viewed the comments on Trip Advisor I made a reservation with the hotel. I normally stay at the Royal Scot opposite, so this was an opportunity to make a comparison.
The readers reviews are consistent and well deserved. From the moment I entered the reception I was met with a courteous and friendly face. My room (106) located a few yards from the reception was most convenient. Although the room was on the ground floor and opposite the road I did not hear any noise from traffic.
The room was very well appointed with all the home-from-home things we would expect. A fridge/microwave was tucked away in a corner near the built in wardrobe. There are other rooms with full kitchens which I did not require.
The king size bed was super comfortable, (I'm over 6' and like plenty of room).The 4 alternative pilows was nice to see, if you prefer a soft or firm pillow.
The bathroom well appointed with a nice dispenser above the bath/shower for shampoo/conditioner or bath gel. This is much better than trying to use those small disposable containers that fall into the bath.
I would like to complement a particular member of staff and indeed hope senior management will take note: I had a problem with my 'Tablet' in so much that I could not receive my favourite classical music station from the U.K. via the hotels free wi-fi. I casually mentioned this to Craig at the front desk and in moments he attended my room and sorted out my problem by checking my tablet and identifying the issue. I found out during conversation with this charming and courteous young man , that he had worked with cell phones/tablets etc., in a 'previous life'. The moral of this story is never underestimate the hidden talents of the front desk! Thanks again Craig, I will always remember your exceptional support.
Lets not forget the house-keeping: These are truly the people that ensure our rooms are kept in good condition. My room was serviced by 'Lannie'' apologises if that is not how the name is spelt. It was so refereshing to have a chat with such a cheerful and friendly member of staff. I felt that we had know each other for years!
So, if you are looking for a place to stay in Victoria, you will not be disappointed with the Best Western Inner Harbour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel located at Victoria's famous scenic Inner Harbour, just steps to attractions, shops and restaurants. Simply park your car and walk to all Victoria's sights. We offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet. Underground parking (max 6'6") is available for a daily charge. Well-appointed guest studios and one-bedroom suites include a private balcony, fridge, microwave, free wifi & DVD player. Ask about kitchen studios for extended stays. Luxurious penthouses offer stunning harbour views. Relax & unwind in the outdoor seasonal pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, steam room and fitness studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Victoria
- Best Western Inner Harbour
- Victoria Best Western
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Victoria, Vancouver Island