I booked my room on-line at Tripadvisor.ca. Best Western advertised $149 + $24 tax giving $173, while Expedia.ca was flagged as "guaranteed best rate" at $169. So I took the $5 cheaper rate with expedia.ca. When I got to the hotel I was charge $196. This is not really Best Western's fault but when I questioned my bill it was just dismissed.
When I checked in the staff were very engaged in putting up a new sign and spacing the letters exactly, but seemed uninterested in the customers. I was told, "Initial here". It was just the abrupt manor with which this instruction was given that annoyed me sufficiently for me to respond, "What am I initialling?" The look I got said, "We have a difficult customer here." It was only then when I got my glasses out to read the small writing I was meant to be initialing that I saw the $27 addition to my bill!!! The whole interaction was not good.
Next I asked about the promised parking and was told my vehicle was too big so I would have to go down the road and pay for parking. When I looked up set I was told that if I left my truck where it was it would be ticketed. This is not rocket science, why could they not have said, "I am very sorry, can we get a member of staff to go with you to your vehicle, collect your bags and take them to your room while you go and park?" If my vehicle was too big it was too big; I don't expect Best Western to change their hotel for me, but I do expect them to treat me as a valued customer.
If this was a $80 or $90 a night hotel then this service might be expected, but a top notch hotel asking nearly $200 a night should provide something a lot better than this brisk service.
The room was very nice, if a bit tight on space. I had a lovely view through large windows over the harbour. But the windows were old and did nothing to keep the noise out. As there were planes taking off on the harbour outside the noise of their engines really intruded into my room. Later that night I could hear every car that drove passed, not to mention some jolly people obviously enjoying their evening out. Such a lovely modern room should have better sound insulation.
My advice, there are lots of very good hotels in downtown Victoria, you don't have to put up with this sloppy service, also look for one which promises a bit of quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel located at Victoria's famous scenic Inner Harbour, just steps to attractions, shops and restaurants. Simply park your car and walk to all Victoria's sights. We offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet. Underground parking (max 6'6") is available for a daily charge. Well-appointed guest studios and one-bedroom suites include a private balcony, fridge, microwave, free wifi & DVD player. Ask about kitchen studios for extended stays. Luxurious penthouses offer stunning harbour views. Relax & unwind in the outdoor seasonal pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, steam room and fitness studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Victoria
- Best Western Inner Harbour
- Victoria Best Western
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Victoria, Vancouver Island