As a Platinum member of Best Western, received a call the morning of our stay from front desk staff Shane asking if my two friends and I wanted to upgrade from two rooms with 3 beds to a top floor upgraded two bedroom penthouse suite with new pull-out queen sized sofa, kitchen, dining room and wrap around balcony. We jumped at the chance and were SO GLAD we did!!!
The place was quite large with a HUGE wraparound deck with stunning views of the inner harbour, to Washington state and beyond. There was just a small park, small road and ferry parking lot between us and the water, so we had a GORGEOUS view from 1 BR, our living room with real fireplace (and store-bought fake log to burn) and large patio table outside.Full-on view ended with Empress; Parliament was obscured by Days Inn nearby, but you could see a corner from other side of the huge deck.The other bedroom looked more to ocean toward cruise ship docks, also with nice view.
Marble floor, trendy lights, appealing bath fixtures, softer comfy beds and firmer pull-out sofa, entire wall of granite surrounding fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, comfy outdoor patio table all helped make for an unforgettable experience.
I let my friends wander Victoria on their own and stayed behind to enjoy the luxurious suite all to myself. Ahhh... They enjoyed the outdoor pool and indoor hot tub; I never made it that far...
Only "complaint" would be that I did hear our neighbours in the other penthouse on the floor when they arrived at 10:30 PM, but that quieted down soon. We were all woken up by the screeching of gulls overhead at 0530. Also in my room I could hear a slight thumping noise from time to time that seemed to have been something up on the roof. Parking is extra, less than $10/day. But the penthouse perks far outweighed these issues.
I hope to come back with friends to this penthouse again - a perfect way to enjoy BC's capital city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel located at Victoria's famous scenic Inner Harbour, just steps to attractions, shops and restaurants. Simply park your car and walk to all Victoria's sights. We offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet. Underground parking (max 6'6") is available for a daily charge. Well-appointed guest studios and one-bedroom suites include a private balcony, fridge, microwave, free wifi & DVD player. Ask about kitchen studios for extended stays. Luxurious penthouses offer stunning harbour views. Relax & unwind in the outdoor seasonal pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, steam room and fitness studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Victoria
- Best Western Inner Harbour
- Victoria Best Western
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Victoria, Vancouver Island