Best Western Plus Inner Harbour
US$326
US$306
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$243
Abigail's Hotel(Victoria)
US$305
US$251
Abigail's Hotel
James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$194
Travelocity
US$287
2,004 results
All reviewsgreat locationsmall kitchenwithin walking distancebest westernsunderground parkingbreakfast roomthe penthouseoutdoor poolcomplimentary breakfaststay there againfront desk staffdowntown victoriaport angeleshot tubcoho ferryquiet streetempress hotel
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Poor quality, highly priced for chipped walled room. Bathrooms are not very clean. No air conditioning.. provided with a personal small table fan. During check-in, was told room will be ready in an hour, we went out to roam around, came back after 2 hrs, still they did not start room cleaning.. even though I asked if there will be delay, let me know, I will come after several hrs.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. I have also replied to your other survey that I received prior to these comments. Again, I apologize that the experience was not what you expected.

Regarding the early arrival, our staff did offer to store luggage and provide parking for your vehicle until the room was prepared. Our staff would also have offered to take a cell phone number to reach you at when the room was ready. Our check in time is 4 pm, and I understand you arrived before 10:30 (our check-out time is 11 am) and the present guests had yet to vacate their studio. While we make every effort to prepare rooms as quickly as possible, there are many factors that would prevent us from guaranteeing rooms to be ready well ahead of our normal check-in time in our busy season. For any miscommunication on behalf of my staff that were assisting you I apologize.

Thank you again for all the comments as we truly do appreciate receiving these to see where we can improve.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Did a long road trip of Canada this summer and this hotel stands alone in sheer friendliness of every single staff member. It was a great experience dealing with them.

On top of great people this hotel has;

-a great location
-Cheap parking in a bright, clean underground lot ($8-)
-Comfy beds and lots of pillows
-Good breakfast with seriously the yummiest crossiants (wish I had one right now)
-Quiet building
-Large rooms with full kitchens
-huge balconies with seating
-Enough bedding for the pull out couch. Really 9/10 hotels make you beg for enough linens most time I swear.
-fast elevators
-Great lush grounds with a deep, lovely outdoor pool
- a big hot tub that is indoor and nice and clean

There was no A/C but they supply good electric fans and the air there gets downright cold at night. I didn't miss it at all. Breakfast gets super busy but they warn you about peak times (8-930) and those poor girls working the room and re stocking are cheerful and sweet. Customers can be jerky too, I don't know how they stay so upbeat.

The only negatives were that they need to water the hanging baskets out front and the ambulance that parks in the driveway blocks the parking garage and makes it hard to see pedestrians. That is all I can think of.

All this and great staff, I would and will return

Room Tip: Room 206 has a huge enclosed wooden deck. Room 210 has double balconies .

Dear Kareika,

Thanks so much for including Victoria (and our hotel) in your family summer 2014 road trip! We were thrilled (but not surprised) to hear how much you enjoyed everything about the hotel especially the service of our amazing staff who could indeed be "the best staff in Canada" as you put it. Your high compliments are very appreciated by myself and the entire team here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Inner Harbour.

We recently switched the bakers for the croissants and I completely agree that they are now super yummy. But they are gone early so truly the "early bird" gets the croissants here. We have also made some other changes in our offering and trying out a new layout to see how we can continue to impress guests with our complimentary breakfast.

Thanks again for all your compliments, and for recommending our hotel. We look forward to welcoming your family back again soon!

Joanne Mills

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We didn't just choose this hotel because of its wonderful location to beautiful Victoria's Harbour (just a hop and a skip away) neither was it because of the extremely helpful and courteous staff always friendly and approachable. Clean rooms! Comfy beds! Might add my husband and myself have been holidaying at this hotel for many years. Never disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bestinclass2014
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you so much for making our hotel your home away from home, and we sincerely appreciate your many return visits. Thank you for all your compliments about the service, the cleanliness, the comfortable bed and of course our amazing location. We look forward to many more stays!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Maybe it's because I live in a place that is very hot and humid, but I did not mind the lack of air conditioning. Or maybe it's because there was a quiet fan placed in the room that kept the air moving. And having a corner room with two balconies mean great air circulation, especially because one of the balconies faced the Inner Harbour.

I also enjoyed the friendly and helpful welcome of the front desk staff, who even provided me with a yoga mat.

The location was outstanding--so much to explore and so close by.

Breakfast was only just OK, but as long as I have coffee in the morning I'm happy, and I had that on the waterfront balcony of my room.

Room Tip: Corner room facing the Inner Harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thanks so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel, and for all the wonderful comments about what you enjoyed most about our hotel.

As you pointed out. we do indeed leave the fans on in our rooms to help move the air in the summer months, and the ocean breeze does the rest when the patio doors are opened.

Thank you again for letting us know how much you truly enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel is very clean, comfortable and in a prime position in the Inner Harbour. It is close to Parliament, museums and shopping. The room was comfortably sized and had an unexpected kitchenette. The front desk personnel were really very pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your review "Great Place to stay in the Inner Harbour". We really appreciated the opportunity to be of service, and to hear how impressed you were. Looking forward to your next stay too!