Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)
  • Breakfast included
1,213 results
All reviewsvalet parkinglondon tubegreat locationvalet servicedowntown victoriajohnson streetwithin walking distancebest westernsfront desk staffcentral locationupgraded to a suiteattached restaurantper daysofa bedfew blockstourist attractionsgovernment street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I love the location. Beyond that, I would stay at other hotels I have enjoyed instead. The lobby, the elevator and our room were small. The hotel is still tired despite updates. The view out of our window was dismal. The staff were nice and were helpful when we asked about directions and where to go for dinner - however another asian food recommendation. Ho hum. The valet parking is good, until you want to go back or forth to your car. Also, with golf clubs etc. it wasn't the most ideal thing because they did not recommend leaving them in the car so we had to lug them up to our room.
A friend had booked this hotel for us but next time, I get to pick!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
ChrisWatson27, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Thank you very much for the review of our hotel. It makes all of us happy to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I am also happy to hear you found the valet parking good, yet disappointed we were not able to better accommodate your needs by managing your golf clubs. I can understand the annoyance of having the clubs in the room, that is why we should have offered to store the golf clubs in our lobby bell closet, I am sorry this option was not offered.

I can see that you have stayed a few times at our location. I’m sorry you have been placed in smaller rooms on your stays. I would like to note that nearly half the rooms in our hotel are quite large and come equipped with full kitchens. These rooms are typically priced only $20 higher than our standard rooms.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I visit Victoria frequently and have stayed at many hotels in the downtown core. The Best Western has become my go to hotel because of their great service and affordable rates. Their included valet service is ideal for their downtown location as parking is difficult to find, but you can walk to almost anything you need. I would definately recomend staying at the Best Western

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you very much to the writer for their kind comments about the service, valet parking, and location. We are all looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Excellent location, very friendly, helpful staff. We stayed 2 nights in a large,suite type room with a small kitchenette. Would be great for a family (2 queen beds). Rooms were clean and well appointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

The checkin process was smooth as silk, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel is ideally located to fully enjoy Victoria. The room #520 was a great room, a nice suite reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Room #'s 520 & 620 are sutes , they were corner rooms, large and sunny.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, the room and the price. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

This hotel is perfectly situated to enjoy the ample shopping on surrounding streets, and close enough to the waterfront to see the sights there. It is an average hotel - nothing spectacular, but nothing wrong with it either. Enjoyed the lap desk for my in-bed laptop use. Would stay again, based on location alone.
PS: Shuttle to airport - $21, Taxi to airport $50.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Thank you to the writer for the kind review. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the lap desks. A short while ago we added lap desks to many of our guest rooms. The lap desks are essentially a light weight comfortable and portable desk for the bed, they work very well.