“Great location, great staff”

Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Edmonton
“Great location, great staff”
Reviewed 16 April 2009

My wife and I visited Vicoria for 1.5 weeks and enjoyed the city and stay at the Carlton Plaza immensely. The hotel's location was close to the harbour and many downtown sites. Our room, a studio suite, was spacious and allowed us to relax on our down time. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
BWFrontOfficeManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2009
I am happy you enjoyed your room here at the Best Western Carlton Plaza. I will pass along your comments to our staff. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and for your recommendation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
BC
Reviewed 15 April 2009

While traveling with friends from Ontario and their 10 year old son, my husband, daughter (3 years old) and me spent a night at your hotel. Not only were you very accommodating, but you upgraded us to a family suite. It was lovely and very much appreciated. Thank you. Your hospitality and ready information when needed were also much appreciated. We will stay in your hotel again and are glad to tell others of our experience there with you.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
BWFrontOfficeManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2009
I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to upgrade our guests when possible and I am pleased that you enjoyed the room. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Great location, great value for your dollar. The friendly staff made us (and our Golden Retriever) feel very welcome. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you and our new pet friend back to the hotel. Our staff take a particular liking to all of our pet visitors and enjoy interacting with them.
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Room was very clean and comfortable with all of the amenities I require. The staff including parking valets were prompt, friendly and courteous. The downtown location with valet parking included in room rates makes this possibly the best dollar for dollar value in Victoria.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind comments you made about your experience with us. In this tough economy, we try to bring as much value to our guests as possible. I am glad that you found our valet service to be reliable and convenient.
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Reviewed 27 March 2009

This is the third year in a row that we have stayed here as extended stay guests looking for a break from the long Edmonton winters, we were five weeks this time. The hotel rates are a very good value for budget conscious travellers like us. What makes the Best Western Carlton Plaza exceptional is the level of service provided by its staff, from the front desk and bellmen to housekeeping and maintenance, everyone wanted to help us. My husband is in a wheelchair and the staff were particularly attentive to provide assistance in any way they could. What impressed me most was that all the staff had this attitude - they went the extra step to do their best. We were treated like family and that's why we keep coming back. The hotel is located within short walking/wheeling distance to restaurants, shopping and Chinatown.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Went on a trip to Victoria with the family to check out the old stomping grounds. I lived there for several years during University and after so both my wife and I were very familiar with the city and wanted a good location from which to launch our trips down memory lane.

I had stayed in this Hotel 20 years ago and didn't think much of it from what I recall but this trip was a pleasant surprise. We really enjoyed our stay and felt none of that harried travelling with children stress that usually accompanies a trip.

Things that were great

>> Staff - Fast helpful and courteous
>> Location - For touring around - Great restaurants
>> Service - Free valet service - Quick response to needs

Things that were not so great

>> Original room was tiny for two adults and two kids but we upgraded to a suite and it was GREAT!

>> A bit of a "bad part of town" but n Victoria that is not saying much. Even the homeless are excruciatingly polite and unobtrusive.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for giving us another chance after 20 years! I'm glad that we were able to plesantly surprise you. We have seen many guests and many changes over our long history which is almost 100 years old! I hope that we can make your next stay with us a perfect one!
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I only stayed at this hotel for two nights in mid week, but enjoyed it very much! The location is right downtown, but I felt very secure at night. It is perfect for someone who doesn't have a car.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was discounted because of the poximity of the nightclub. It didn't bother me at all, but I was staying mid-week, it might be differant on a week-end. Room was very clean, flat panel tv was great (clear picture which I can't say for some high end hotels I have stayed at).
Overal, great value for money. I would stay there again no problem!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
It's wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. The 37" flat screens television is a new addition to our rooms. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!