Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel
US$306
US$287
US$268
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$310
Abigail's Hotel
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$188
Oak Bay Beach Hotel(Victoria)
US$312
US$281
Orbitz.com
1,221 results
All reviewsvalet parkinglondon tubegreat locationvalet servicedowntown victoriajohnson streetwithin walking distancebest westernsfront desk staffcentral locationupgraded to a suiteattached restaurantper daysofa bedfew blockstourist attractionsgovernment street
Reviewed 31 October 2009

This hotel is in a great location if you want to dine, shop, and bar hop in downtown Victoria. The staff is helpful, the beds are comfy, the rooms are clean. We will be staying here from now on, you just can't beat the value!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
BWFrontOfficeManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2009

Thanks for your comments! We are proud to be so close to many of the great shopping and amenities that Victoria has to offer! I hope you had a great time in Victoria!

Reviewed 30 October 2009

This was my 7th time staying at this hotel and no complaints. Even the valet service (they don't have parking on site) is quick and courteous. Rooms very clean and quiet, but ask for rooms that are not on the side with the night club (a bit quieter). Centrally located away from 'touristy' empress, and a quick walk to cool shops on Johnson, Government and Yates streets. A whole host of restaurants around, lots of coffee shops(serious coffee is best but a bit snooty) and good friendly staff at the hotel - all you really need to set the tone for a relaxing couple of days in a beautiful city.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
BWFrontOfficeManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2009

We are always happy to hear that people really enjoy our rooms and location. Central to everything, with recently renovated rooms. (We just got new 37 inch flat screen tv's!) I will pass along your comments to my staff. I hope you had a great trip in Victoria, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2009

I found this hotel very frustrating on several fronts. First, there is absolutely no parking on site - visitors and guests are supposed to pull up curbside and hand their keys to a valet - only when I pulled around, the curb was jammed full and there was no valet. After circling the block six times, I finally found a spot on the street one block away -- and had to pay for the meter myself.

The rooms do not have soap and shampoo but rather this property uses the on-the-wall dispenser. Had I been staying at a budget motel that would be acceptable - but not at the room rate I was charged.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
HotelGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2009

I'd like to thank the writer for the review of our hotel. I can confirm that we do not have a parking lot. We do provide valet parking for all of our guests when they arrive by vehicle. There is a hotel zone in front of the hotel's entrance where guests pull into and unload their luggage before checking in. Most of the time the zone is managed by promptly parking guest's vehicles but once in a while, (and I mean rarely), we have to deal with guests who forget to give us the keys, ask for their vehicle but forget to collect it, etc. 99% of the time, we get it right!! :) If one was to check other reviews, our valet parking has been a hit with other travellers! We certainly apologize for this incident.
Regarding the soap dispensers, we have an extensive "green program" here at the hotel. Instead of the usual hotel plastic bottled amenities that end up in our landfills half full with soap or conditioner, we provide the wall mounted shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel dispenseing unit as well as two bars of regular hand soap. Many of our guests appreciate our efforts to reduce our hotel's impact on the environment. We do provide the regular bottles of shampoo and conditioner should a guest prefer them along with a note in all guestrooms that details all of our "green" efforts.

Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayed here for five nights without a car (they do have close parking reasonably priced) and enjoyed our entire stay. Our room was very clean and quiet (on the back side, no view but no noise). The staff were very proficient, friendly and helpful with all services and any questions we had. The hotels location was an easy walk to downtown sites and within a block of numerous bus connections. We got off the ferry in Sydney BC and took the bus to the hotel and had only a short three block walk to the front door. The restaurant connected to the hotel is great for breakfast & lunch but not open for dinner. No problem as there are numerous dinning options within three or four blocks. Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your compliments, I will pass them along to my staff! That's great that you were able to see so many sights, and i'm happy to hear that our great local bus system was able to accomodate you so wonderfully. We hope to see you next time you are in Victoria!

Reviewed 24 October 2009

My friends and I have been coming to the Best Western Carlton in the heart of Victoria, B. C.
for the past three years. We run the Royal Victoria Marathon, so on the Sunday, when we
drag our butts back to the hotel, the staff have always provided us with either a late check
out, shower facilities to clean up, or we can utilize the YMCA facility at no cost. I have found
that whatever we may ask for, they have always been willing to accomadate us. I would
highly recommend the Best Western Carlton in Victoria, B. C.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
BWFrontOfficeManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are proud to have a lot of marathon runners stay with us every year! Congratulations on running the Royal Victoria Maraton!