This is our second stay at the Chateau Victoria. A " heads up" before i start the review. Its NOT a modern, art deco-ish hotel. Its furnished circa 1980-ish decor. The decor is dated BUT Its CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. PLUS its located close to the harbor and everything that you need is close by. For the location, the spacious suites ,FREE parking and FREE shuttle service, you're getting a BIG BANG for the buck !! Excellent for long term stays.
The front desk and foyer is very inviting and very modern. Yes, this contrasts the decor in their suites. The staff was very friendly right off the start. We arrived early morning , expecting to drop our suitcases off and wait. They went through their suites and found a suite that was available. Now thats service. Most hotels would look up and say " you're early, come back later".
The suites are spacious with a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, living room, balcony and a separate bedroom. The bed in our suite was VERY comfortable. My wife forgot to check the make of the mattresses, as she wanted to get a set for home.
One potential drawback, theres no central air conditioning. I have never stayed here in the summer, so i can't comment further. Otherwise heating was excellent, no problems at all.
The noise level was very good inside the hotel. However the outside noise tends to reverberate through the single pane windows. This is depends on where your suite is situated ( refer to the tips below) .
A very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Excellent restaurant recommendations.
Clive's Classic lounge on the main floor has a good collection of scotches and bourbons.
I can't comment on the wine list as i don't drink wine.
Overall an excellent hotel with an excellent staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Victoria at its finest through an authentic local experience in the heart of downtown, steps from the Inner Harbour. With deeply entrenched roots in the local community and a strong sense of environmental responsibility, we strive to share all that makes Victoria special with each and every guest. Our owner, Mr. Clive Piercy, has a long history on Vancouver Island that began when his grandfather started J. Piercy & Co. back in the mid-1800s. To this day, we remain true to those origins in all that we do - from supporting local farmers to sponsoring local events. Our rooftop grill has been voted in the top ten restaurants with a view in BC, and our cocktail lounge off the lobby has been named one of the top ten hotel bars in the world three times. Experience the best of Victoria through a truly local hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TravelClick, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Chateau Hotel Victoria
- Chateau Victoria Hotel And Suites Vancouver Island