My best friend and I decided to visit Victoria with our two daughters who are in their mid twenties. We booked through Clipper Vacations and Chateau Victoria was one of the moderately priced properties that had rooms with 2 queen beds.
From the moment we walked into the hotel we were made to feel welcome. We were upgraded from a regular 2 queen room to a suite. They told us that they thought we would appreciate the extra space. They were right! The room was on the 15th floor with a great view of the harbor. We had an extra bedroom with a sofa bed. We did not use the bed, but the extra mirror and desk were nice. There was also a kitchen area with a sink, mirror, refrigerator and microwave. This allowed us to spread out when we were getting ready in the morning.
Apparently the multiple blow dryers and coffee maker overloaded the circuit and the breaker tripped. They sent someone immediately who showed us how to reset the breaker.
The portable air conditioner was a little weird and noisy, but effective. When we returned to our room one afternoon, we noticed that the vent pipe had disconnected from the back of the unit and hot air was coming into the room. We called and again, someone was sent immediately to fix it.
The location is very convenient, the staff was so helpful, and the rooftop restaurant served some of the best eggs benedict I have ever had. We appreciated the free wifi and it was strong enough for all of our ipads and phones. The free shuttle to the Clipper Terminal was nice.
The pool, whirlpool and fitness room were fine, but not great.
I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Victoria at its finest through an authentic local experience in the heart of downtown, steps from the Inner Harbour. With deeply entrenched roots in the local community and a strong sense of environmental responsibility, we strive to share all that makes Victoria special with each and every guest. Our owner, Mr. Clive Piercy, has a long history on Vancouver Island that began when his grandfather started J. Piercy & Co. back in the mid-1800s. To this day, we remain true to those origins in all that we do - from supporting local farmers to sponsoring local events. Our rooftop grill has been voted in the top ten restaurants with a view in BC, and our cocktail lounge off the lobby has been named one of the top ten hotel bars in the world three times. Experience the best of Victoria through a truly local hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Chateau Hotel Victoria
- Chateau Victoria Hotel And Suites Vancouver Island