My wife & I stayed here for 4 nights over New Year's. We were very pleased with the rooms and the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room & bathroom were both very spacious and clean. The decor in the rooms was a bit boring.
My only complaint about this hotel is surrounding the parking and pet fees. Upon checkout, I was given a bill for $143 to cover pet and parking for 4 nights.
The parking fee was $12/day. While this may not sound like much, it becomes immediately evident that there is street parking everywhere surrounding the hotel, and on weekends, it is free. Unfortunately, we arrived late Friday evening & did not discover until the next morning that the virtually unlimited street parking was in fact free. I would recommend for the sake of fairness at minimum a reduced parking rate on weekends.
I also found the $20/day pet fee to be excessive. Most midrange hotels that I have stayed at or looked at charge a flat pet rate of $50 or so (some even $25). This makes far more sense than charging a daily fee. The hotel only cleans the room once after the pet leaves, regardless of how many nights the pet stays, so I fail to see the need for a "per day" pet charge. If the hotel for some reason disagrees and feels that a "per day" pet charge is necessary, at least providing a maximum pet charge would seem more logical and fair.
We were quite pleased with the rooms and would certainly stay here again if traveling without a car or a pet. However, if returning to Victoria again with our dog and auto, we will most likely look for another hotel in which we will not have to pay $143 in pet and parking fees upon checkout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A captivating location, a 42 slip marina, the award-winning Blue Crab Seafood House, and Victoria's only indoor/outdoor swimming pool make the Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel one of Victoria's most popular. Guests return time and time again for the quiet ambiance, unique waterfront setting, friendly hotel service and delicious food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina by APA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel And Marina
- Coast Hotel Victoria
- Coast Harbourside
- Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina By APA Vancouver Island