“A nasty "Swiss"in B.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Dogwood Manor

Dogwood Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Dogwood Manor
Ranked #78 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
houston
“A nasty "Swiss"in B.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Upon arriving I was charged immediately for my 5 night stay. I was never shown the rest of the B&B, and I did not expect a self-serv breakfast. I was constantly bothered by the female owner about entering my room and inspecting how I was keeping the place. Very dim lighting in the bathroom, very dark, must have been a 15 watt bulb. My entire stay was way too stressful. I was even told that I could not park my vehicle in the driveway for it was reserved for her German Friends. Stay away from this B&B bless you enjoy being around an excessive compulsive.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank gloria g

Families
Couples
Business
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

This review is late in coming, but better late than never.
After a four night stay my biggest disappointment was the breakfast, or lack of...Having stayed in B&B's all my life not sharing a meal in the morning with others guest was a huge let-down. A "self-contained" breakfast is something I never want to experience again at a B&B. At this B&B they supply you meager portions of bread, fruit, and individual packets of jelly for your breakfast ...a "cold" way to start your day while at a B&B. Rather than being served at a common table your are left to prepare your own breakfast in your room.
Compared to other B&B's I have had the pleasure to stay at while in Victoria (all exhibiting the traditional Canadian atmosphere and friendly service) I thought I would receive same at this B&B. Not so.
Even though this was a very large disappointment what was more disturbing was the attitude of the owner. If you are not German or Swiss, which the owner claimed to be, forget receiving a cordial welcome or hospitable service during your stay.
The owner was also very pushy about entering my room and insisting to inspect to see if it was still according to how she wanted it.
A very uneasy feeling was upon me throughout my stay and hope to never have to experience such a negative feeling again.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
6 Thank MissBermuda

Travellers are raving about these Victoria hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2005

I had read a review and chose Dogwood Manor. But I felt I was cheated. The house, room, and bedding are all old and not comfortable. The living room is facing a niosy street and you won't expect a good sleep on the sofa bed. The bed has an unpleasant smell too. I don't recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2003

I stayed at the Dogwood for three wonderful nights just last month. It was absolutely delightful. The room was comfortable and had character, warmth and uniqueness - I could have stayed forever. I was surprised that at the very reasonable price, a full kitchen was included and stocked with a wide variety of breakfast items - fruits, cereals, breads, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. The room was spotless - everything crisp and lovely. The owners of the building are top notch - friendly, service oriented and welcoming. I had a little baconey on one side of the tudor house, overlooking beds of roses in full bloom. One alert is that there are stairs to climb if that posed a problem for anyone, but this is where I will stay next time I visit Victoria. No need to look any further.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member