“Great Location, Service and Room!”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very nice boutique hotel in great location. Staff were very helpful and accomodating. The renovated room was very comfortable and nicely appointed. Breakfast was delicious and very reasonable. Restaurant was closed for private event the night we were there so didn't try for dinner. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nowanislander
Write a ReviewReviews (1,588)

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto this last weekend while in Victoria and had an excellent stay. This hotel has just had an extensive remodel and they have done a good job. I also received vouchers for a welcome cheese plate at the restaurant and for breakfast. The room was lovely and very clean. It came with only a shower but that wasn't a problem for me. The food was excellent all weekend long. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I hade a Double Queen
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cpettem
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I am sorry to say that my stay at the Hotel Rialto was very fleeting. I was supposed to stay for 3 days but had to cut my trip short. So I was only able to indulge in the lovely surroundings and accommodations for one evening. Staff was extremely helpful immediately upon my arrival. Offering up vouchers redeemable for a quickie but yummy breakfast of a scone,muffin, or pastry every morning accompanied by coffee. Also vouchers for an awesome gym just a short walk away.

Accommodations themselves were very quaint,clean, and charming. A mix of modern and artisan decor in the rooms topped by opulent white marble and glass bathrooms.

Beds are unbelievably comfortable and quite pretty. A true boutique hotel in all of its elegance. Best of all this hotel is smack in the centre of downtown, close to local eateries, fast food joints, and a 2 min stroll away from the Mall. Unbeatable right? Did I mention the prices are INCREDIBLY reasonable and well worth the price for something attractive, clean, and beyond zen.

Great staff overall, very friendly, sincere, and willing to please.Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: if your an elite booking.com member, upgrades for you!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank CurlyHair g
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel was recently renovated and it's lovely. Very modern rooms, nice appointments. The rooms are chic and the bed and bedding is super comfortable.
We stayed in a king suite on a package with complimentary champagne, cheese plate, breakfast coffee/muffins. Wow - it was a great deal. And we were treated wonderfully throughout the stay. There was a young woman at the front desk (spanish accent) who was especially helpful and welcoming.
We ate at the very popular and busy tapas restaurant. Had a less great experience there. First night had drinks ($11 CAD each - New York prices) and the service was disappointly unfriendly and poor. Second night ate dinner and had friendly, but somewhat rushed, service. The food, however, is interested and quite tasty.
Highly recommended boutique hotel within walking distance of everything in the downtown/inner harbor area.
PS - we are a GLBT couple and no issues whatsoever (i.e., no obnoxious "do you want separate beds" at check-in)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Experience_Bliss
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Upon check-in, I discovered that I was upgraded to a "Jr King Suite" free-of-charge.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, which is perfect, because you have the opportunity to visit all the best of what Victoria has to offer.

The cocktail bar that connected to the hotel "The Veneto" offers the best cocktails in the city. I'm not just saying that, I know they do because I've been living in the city for 3 and 1/2 years. (See my review on "The Veneto" here on "TripAdvisor")

Before any of my guests came up to visit me in my room, the staff phoned me in my room and verified if that particular person was in fact, a friend of mine. Once verified, he then escorts the guest to the elevator.

For your morning Breakfast, there's a cute little Cafe that you can eat at. Boy, do they ever serve up a mean Eggs Benny!
The reception will give you discount coupons to save you 3$ off your meal.

Room Tip: They offer Government discount.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jordan I
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I travel a lot. I stay in hotels a lot. But I have not had as pleasant an experience in years as my wife and I had at the Rialto in Oct 2012. The staff were friendly and helpful - even enthusiastic. The hotel is in an older character building, but the interior renovations are very good. The room was tasteful and well appointed. Not just proper glasses, but a couple of wine glasses and a corkscrew as well. The location is excellent - a few blocks to pretty much anything you need. The restaurant/lounge/coffee shop were all excellent and treated my wife's food sensitivities well. I can't think of much they could do to improve it - not sure if it had a gym, but I wasn't in the mood for using one anyway!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YodaBC
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We booked the Rialto Hotel for one night in October and were delighted with our choice. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Free cheese and crackers after 5.00pm plus a $3.00 voucher off a hot breakfast, which by the way was absolutely great. It's not as close to the town centre as some hotels but if you don't mind a walk it's fine. For China Town it's very convenient. Parking is $15.00/day and it's a secure parking lot a block away. It is a friendly, beautifully clean hotel. We totally recommend the Rialto, we don't think you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher room is probably better, we were on the 3rd floor (out of 4!). The hotel does provide ear pl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple