“Wonderful!”

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I have been to Victoria many times and have stayed at Swans and the Delta in the past. Those places were both full and I found Hotel Rialto online. I like smaller hotels with a more cozy feel and good customer service. Hotel Rialto was exactly that. The hotel is classy, clean, quiet and close to everything downtown Victoria has to offer. The manager and front desk staff were happy and helpful and working to please. I will always look to stay here first when I come back to Victoria.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank alijhf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel Rialto on a recent scuba dive trip to Victoria. While this is not the type of hotel usually associated with wet sports gear, it was very highly recommended and we booked in. First, let me say we were very careful and respectful about rinsing and hanging our gear... and we were discrete in getting our gear in and out of the hotel. Why? Because this is one classy joint.
Beautifully appointed and exceptionally well-staffed, this place exudes style. It's an old hotel completely remodeled. It is located near the theatre, cinemas, hundreds of great restaurants, coffee shops, great shopping on Government Street and yes, even a dive shop. The attached restaurant is top shelf with food, drinks and service that highlighted our trip. Staff were helpful, friendly, and great at what they do. The manager told us about tiny out-of-the-way shops and restaurants (where I found the world's best gluten-free pizza!). And all of this seems like business as usual over there.
Will I stay here on a future dive trip? Probably not. But only because it's far too nice a place to defile with my wet gear. I highly recommend this hotel and restaurant to any Victoria visitor. You may find better, but I can't imagine where.

Room Tip: This hotel has no fitness centre or swimming pool (that I know of).
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Darryl J
calgary
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This hotel is truly a hidden gem. Friendly staff, good rates, great central quiet location, and clean chic classy yet cozy rooms. All of the staff was very friendly and pleasant and even though cleaning staff left my door open a couple times, the staff acknowledged it and did their best to make up for it which helped make my stay even more enjoyable. I also enjoyed the scented bath soaps and overall think this is the best hotel I have stayed at in Victoria. I will definitely consider a return stay the next time I visit my favorite city.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank paultraveler11
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This downtown Victoria boutique hotel was not only affordable, but beautiful. Check-in went smoothly and by the time we had parked our car in their gated lot a block away, our complimentary cheese plate was ready for us. In addition to the complimentary cheese plate, we were also given two coupons for a fresh muffin and beverage the next morning. We stayed in the King Romance Suite with 2 person soaker tub. I thought it would have jacuzzi jets, but it was simply a deep bathtub for two. The bed was very comfortable with fluffy but supportive pillows. We turned on the heated bathroom flooring as soon as we entered, so by the time we used the soaker tub, the tile was nice and warm on bare feet.

There are only 2 negatives that I want to mention. First, the room we had was very small and with the bulky armoire and TV/microwave stand, it made the room even smaller. They really need to rethink their furniture choices in their smaller rooms. Second issue was the parking. I realize parking in downtown Victoria is at a premium, but with all the one-way streets, it's a bit of a pain to get from the hotel to the parking lot.

Overall, the staff were absolutely wonderful.With clean rooms and affordable prices, I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking in on the courtyard. It's not much of a courtyard, but it gives you light...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissRabbit
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We have stayed at the Empress and Laurel Point Inn in the past but tried this because of its location. It is definitely a winner. We had no complaints whatsoever. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. The room was very nice, contemporary and good sized. The price was more than reasonable. The location was very good. Internet is free which is nice. The stay included a cheese tray and part of our breakfast each morning. Compared to the Empress much nicer and more convenient. The Laurel Point Erikson Wing have great rooms but its quite a walk to the room, the service was not as good, and if you want to shop this is more central and less expensive. We didn't have time to check out the fitness facility.

Room Tip: we were on the fourth floor, very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gajgmusic
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

From check-in to check-out, this little gem in a heritage building in downtown Victoria is perfect. The rooms are contemporary, comfortable and immaculate, and the bathrooms modern and nicely appointed. Parking is in a locked lot across the street, but the hotel is within walking distance of everywhere :)

Guests receive a small tray of cheese and crackers as a welcome, and the cafe downstairs has yummy items for breakfast. The inhouse restaurant, Veneto, is a great place for supper.

Folks like me who live on Vancouver Island - check out their package for us (on their website)!

It has become our home away from home, when we visit Victoria.

Room Tip: It is on Douglas Street so there will be some traffic noise...they do provide earplugs for those wit...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank toad55
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Rialto. Love the location, it's very central and surrounded by excellent restaurants. The hotel lounge has some of the tastiest cocktails in the city. Simon the bartender makes incredible drinks. Silvia front desk was very helpful during check. The rooms are clean and slept great. There is great little wineshop attached to the hotel as well. I look forward to my next trip to Victoria.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business