“The Perfect Place”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I just spent 3 nights in this centrally located gem. To say the staff, Micheal and Alex, were great would be like saying winning the lottery would be "kinda nice". It had been over 16 years since we had visited Victoria and their help with restaurants and sights were extreemly helpful. The room we had was called a romantic king and was great. The only exception being a rather small shower. This hotel will definately be on our stay list on our next visit, which will hopefully be sooner than before.

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

It was a great experience, but the price was more than what I should pay because the lobby was too small and the restaurant was noisy and there was not enough choices for breakfast. Also some of the staff were not good enough in my opinion

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I like this simple hotel , it's a little small and has no free breakfast expect coffee and your choice from cookie or muffin and something like that .Otherwise, you have to pay for other choices. but it has good location downtown Victoria. It's good for you if you want to save some money too. its prices are not so bad.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We absolutely loved the Hotel Rialto and especially the staff and the wonderful food from both the cafe and the restaurant. Everyone was so friendly and kind and we really loved your city. My only small complaints were the low water pressure in the sink, but Alex said he will get that fixed and also needed a little more reading light. We will tell all we meet where to stay if they venture up that way. So close to everything and the renovations are superb. Alex, Bobby and Maureen were fantastic. Thank you for the great time.

Room Tip: The front rooms could be noisy so I would ask for the quiet side or the back.
1  Thank Peggy W
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I make it a point to get away to Victoria once or twice a year and have stayed in pretty much a different hotel each time. That has now changed. We enjoyed the Rialto so much we will not even consider staying anywhere else. It's a freshly refurbished older building which has been tastefully and comfortably updated. Everything about this European flavoured boutique hotel was excellent but the real standout was the service provided by the front desk staff; they were uniformly the best we have ever encountered.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeCaigny
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The hotel has an excellent location, with easy walking to the scenic downtown area and waterfront. There are also a number of restaurants nearby, also easy to walk to. The hotel itself is rather small, and the staff is helpful and attentive. We stayed in a "Superior Handicap Accessible King Room". The room was larger than I expected, and had a small couch, coffee table, and desk in addition to the bed. There was no view to speak of from the windows, but we didn't spend much time in the room. The bed was very comfortable, and the blackout curtains kept the room pretty dark. The only issue I had was the bathroom. The shower was one of those modern design 'walk-in' showers with no door or curtain, which I find odd but doesn't bother me. Unfortunately, this particular shower was rather poorly designed, and so water splashed out and got all over the bathroom floor, making it rather wet. This was a little annoying to me, but may be more so to others. Other than that, the hotel was excellent.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

1  Thank twoandtwomakes5
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The service and the hotel staff were amazing! Attentiveness to our needs and right-on recommendations made our stay superb. The room, a queen suite, was clean, roomy and well-decorated. We needed an iron and it was delivered within minutes.

Like other reviewers, we too loved both the café and the bar. The bartending staff were fabulous! I cannot remember the name of the female bartender that made our drinks -- but she was truly an artist. I truly have never had a mixed drink as good as the one she created for me!

Even if you don't stay at this hotel, you need to stop in at the bar and tapas restaurant for a drink!

We loved Victoria and this European-style boutique hotel in a beautifully renovated building. Would absolutely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family