“Ideal hotel”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The Rialto hotel is situated in the heart of Victoria and is a modern hotel in a historic building. The rooms are clean, well equiped and quiet. We had a very nice King bed.
Service is perfect. We had a nice complementory breakfast (coffee and croissant).

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R. B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Amazing value. Very nice, upscale, modern hotel in downtown Victoria. Front desk people were very nice. An added perk despite booking on Kayak - they gave us vouchers for a free cheese plate in their restaurant and a free coffee/tea and pastry in the morning for breakfast. I wasn't expecting that - what a nice surprise! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, and I would absolutely stay here again. Hands down the nicest hotel I've stayed in for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Rialto. We booked the Romance package after looking around at a multitude of other choices and hotels. It was perfect for us. The room was small, but the bathroom tub could fit about 12 people. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The front desk people were fantastic. They stashed our bags for us several times as we came over early on the ferry and left late. We also had a $50 credit with the Tapas bar as part of the package. We were on foot, so I don't know how the hotel handles parking and other such details, but it was central enough for us to see the whole downtown without killing ourselves.

Room Tip: Look at the special packages. Most of them are pretty good deals.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The bartenders and all staff at the Rialto lounge made us feel very welcome. The bartenders absolutely made the best cocktails we have ever had plus it was very entertaining to watch them make the drinks. All you have to do is let the bartender know what type of taste you like and he will create something fantastic for you! When we go back to Victoria, we will definitely stay at the Rialto because all of the staff were super helpful and nice and the bartenders especially made the experience one we will not forget.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I've stayed at several different hotels in Victoria and I think the Rialto provides an excellent value compared to other choices. The only points that keep me from giving this property a 5/5 are the following:
- Staff while very efficient and knowledgeable, could be less stiff, more warm
- I was greeted by a "Back in 5min sign" since there was only one person at the desk (small hotel)
- There are no fitness facilities in the hotel itself. Though you can request a pass to a nearby gym, having to get to that gym added an extra step to an already busy day.
- Parking is limited and a block away. I had meetings downtown on the day I was checking out and parking couldn't be extended for a couple of hours to accomodate this which hasn't been an issue at other local hotels.

Overall though I would definitely stay there again, especially if I fly in to Victoria. The bed was very comfortable and I appreciated that the bathroom had a shower stall with a high shower head (I'm 6'4") rather than a little tub with the shower as an after thought. The room was quite spacious and included a mini-fridge and microwave which was helpful. It's important to know that the hotel is located at a fairly busy intersection on a frequent bus route so there is some traffic noise associated which doesn't generally bother me. They do provide ear plugs if you're a light sleeper though I was too worried I wouldn't even hear my alarm if I used them.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I just spent 3 nights in this centrally located gem. To say the staff, Micheal and Alex, were great would be like saying winning the lottery would be "kinda nice". It had been over 16 years since we had visited Victoria and their help with restaurants and sights were extreemly helpful. The room we had was called a romantic king and was great. The only exception being a rather small shower. This hotel will definately be on our stay list on our next visit, which will hopefully be sooner than before.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

It was a great experience, but the price was more than what I should pay because the lobby was too small and the restaurant was noisy and there was not enough choices for breakfast. Also some of the staff were not good enough in my opinion

• Stayed: March 2013