“All around great service”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

From the time we arrived until departing everything was great. Upon getting to our room we noticed the curtain was 1/2 off of the track. I mentioned to cleaning staff that was in the next room and within 5 min. They were up to our room and upgraded us to a king suite. A very nice upgrade. Job well done. The staff really do there jobs well. The Tapa lounge was awesome. From Ken the bartender making us amazing drinks to the best food I have had in many years. A must try is the Duck Poutine. I can not think of anything to complain about. Will go back next time in Victoria.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2014

A great find. It is in the Old town, close to restaurants etc. Great yoga studio a block away. The rooms are modern clean, great bed (king) and very quiet. The 'green' option on the room is great ($10.00 off food n the tapas bar - which is extremely good!). Like others, we parked and walked for two days. Staff is very accommodating. They did an excellent job of renovating this hotel - very classy. I think it is a great value as well.

Room Tip: try for a room # above xx4
1  Thank glegh
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I won't mince words, the staff blew us away by being cheery, positive, gracious and always willing to assist with reasonable requests.

Particularly, I unfortunately never got his title but Michael was always there in the evenings at the Front Desk and floored me with above and beyond service, to the point of offering us plates and forks when I walked in with a takeout pizza. The restaurant staff were friendly and made some great recommendations about where to go on a scenic drive and just kept surprising us by trying just that much harder than you'd expect to make sure you're happy.

The system of vouchers was excellent, it was great to be rewarded for being low maintenance guests, getting food credit for refusing housekeeping, the voucher system was well thought out for breakfast as well. The breakfast and dinner options are slightly pricey but by far VERY delicious and was one of the few dining experiences in Victoria that did not disappoint my discerning gourmand tongue. There is a lot this hotel does right and I urge you to ask them questions about how it all works when you check in.

The only downside? I was not aware that my room had an absolutely horrible view from both sides. The room I booked was booked intentionally for the King size bed and double sized soaker tub, we quickly forgot to care about what sort of view was out the window. It was bliss.

Room Tip: This Hotel has a weird layout as it's an old building, you may want to confirm with them if the...
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Picked this hotel after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed. The hotel is centrally located so it is walking distance to everything. We never used our car for the 2 days we were there. The staff and service is terrific, very friendly and accommodating. The first night we arrived we had a voucher for a free cheese platter in the Tapa's bar, we ordered a couple more appy's and enjoyed some very nice wine. Even though we had a free coffee's and pastries, the first morning we ate breakfast in the hotel, it was really good, highly recommend! The braised short rib hash was a big hit with my boyfriend.
The rooms are quiet, clean and modern, as the hotel was redone in 2009. Because we like to sleep with the window open I had to use the ear plugs provided, but I am also not used to city living. I loved the "Green" option for our room cleaning, wonderful idea!
Would definitely recommend and return!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was pleased to find such a nice hotel within the heart of Downtown Victoria, even though the area isn't super nice.

Location - easy walking distance to popular restaurants (we went to Pig BBQ Joint for dinner one night, Red Fish Blue Fish for lunch the next day) and shopping (Bay Centre) and Parliament is just a little farther.

Very clean and comfortable, modern and nice decor. Everything worked great!

What I really liked was the little touches - chocolates for Valentine's day, earplugs for a quiet sleep, bathrobes for use in the room, umbrella also available for use, free beverage and pastry for breakfast, and the front desk also gave us a voucher for 1 hour free parking. (even though parking wasn't included, we parked for only $2 overnight).

The staff from the front desk to the wait staff at the cafe were incredibly friendly and helpful. Great hotel!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I got the "Escape from Reality" Package! It was such a great deal and so much included! The service was great and the room was super clean and modern. I enjoyed the décor of the café and restaurant. The tapas were delicious! Great drink selection and happy hour. Walking distance to everything downtown, even a dollar store next door if you forgot something. I like the green program they "reward" you for. The only thing is the hotel parking is one block off site, it is secure but a little inconvenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank P1nk_P0pc0rn
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had the best time in Victoria, this hotel was the perfect spot I could walk everywhere I went.
Definately coming back here for sure...the rooms were great and the beds were comfy, coffee was good both in room and restaurant.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo