“Great Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

For the 2nd year in a row I stated at the Rialto for one night on a business trip to Victoria. The staff are friendly, professional and helpful. The location is great - the harbour is about 10 minutes away if you are walking. The rooms are great - nicely decorated and very functional. The shower is refreshing and the heated floor is an extra luxury. The breakfast at the bistro was a perfect way to start my travel day after a night at the Rialto. I have no hesitation in recommending the Rialto as a great place to stay in Victoria.

Room Tip: The Rialto is a small hotel with only one elevator and a narrow set of stairs - this isn't a com...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto this past Saturday and enjoyed everything about my visit. Check in was easy and the concierge provided us with a coupon for a breakfast item and free cheese plate at 4pm! The King room was beautiful and spacious; the bed was incredibly comfortable and we had floor to ceiling windows on both sides with a great view. I had no problem with any noise during the night - we stayed in a 203 and it was the perfect room. The bathroom was huge with wonderful spa beauty products. The location is ideal and easily walk-able to the ferry and restaurants and shops.

I can't say enough about the level of service we received during our stay from Alex. We checked out on Sunday morning around 7am - realized our travel plans needed to change once we got downtown, and the concierge, Alex, kindly let us check back in until 11am to rest until our flight. I would highly recommend the Rialto and look forward to another stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just an overnight here to catch an early YJ Airport bus to the airport. A great twin room overlooking Douglas Street. First rate room and amenities. Earplugs supplied for those who can't sleep due to street room, but I didn't need them. I will stay here again and recommend it to my friends to go to Victoria. Great location, close to everything.

Room Tip: If street noise really bothers you, ask for a room not overlooking Douglas Street, however, if you c...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Comox, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The greatest city in Canada and a great place to enjoy your stay. Close to downtown and all the action during jazz fest. A killer tapas bar to make or finish your evening, and the morning espresso in their caffe is convenient and wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wayne G
Whitehorse, YT
Reviewed 4 March 2014

As a local to Vancouver Island, we always like choosing the Rialto if we overnight in Victoria, and this time we walked in and were greeted, upgraded, and treated awesome! The room was clean, quiet and comfortable... and the king bed super comfortable. We ate in the restaurant and it was amazing (try the duck poutine!), and we actually liked it so much we ate there for breakfast the next morning.

I love the location, as it is right downtown and you can walk everywhere. So you can have a glass of wine or some beer and not worry about driving.

All in all, my wife and I were real happy. A classy place that undersells and over delivers. You won't go wrong choosing this one. Oh yea, and the heated tile floor in the bathroom was super nice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I choose the Hotel Rialto for my friends 30th birthday party due to it's proximity to downtown Victoria. We ended up being blown away by how friendly & knowledgeable the staff were. They went above and beyond any other hotel I have stayed at to help make the weekend special, birthday card waiting for us in the room & all.

I've stayed at some other places in Victoria as I have many friends and relatives living there & you always end up feeling like a number, just another person..... We entered the Rialto and were greeted like we were old friends. Even the housecleaner we passed in the hallway when we were checking out was a peach.

A giant shout out to Alex one of the awesome staff who worked at the front desk. You truly helped make our stay & the weekend by far & away more memorable than I could have ever anticipated! THANK YOU!

We will be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank skipperydip
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Conveniently located hotel with good beds, spacious bathrooms, and nice furnishings. Wifi and in-room coffee machines are good. The main downside is a marginal sound insulation (they give you free ear plugs ;)), though it never stopped us from sleeping. We stayed 2 nights and our towels and toiletries were not changed/replaced after night 1. There are free vouchers for morning coffee + muffin. Parking is $15/day, a little steep for my taste.

Room Tip: To avoid road noise, try something not facing the major avenue next to the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple