“Very good value, enjoyed my stay”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Port Moody, Canada
“Very good value, enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I spent 2 nights here while at a local conference. Had a double bedded room on 4th floor. I didn't find street noise an issue at all.(There were ear plugs in the room if you need them).
The hotel is on the corner of Douglas and Pandora Street. It took me exactly 8 minutes to walk to the Convention Center behind the Empress Hotel. The area is on the "edge" of the tourist center in Victoria but was very good value. On check in I received a coupon for a cheese plate at the Veneto Tapas Bar which adjoins the hotel. Didn't use this but would have had I not been travelling solo. Also got voucher for coffee/or juice plus breakfast muffin for each of my 2 mornings. I did use this. The breakfast room was bright and sunny and staff were very good. Appreciated supply of local newspapers to browse.
The room and the hotel appear to have been recently renovated. The facility was very clean. My room had a small microwave, a bar fridge, wine glasses, cork screw, robes, small coffee maker, large flat screen TV, iron available on request. Bath amenities were good with separate shampoo and conditioner which I always appreciate. My room only had a shower which was fine as I don't like tubs. I'm not sure if some rooms have tubs or not so ask if this is important to you. The bathroom did have a heated floor which I loved.
One of the best things was the heat/AC system. It was easy to set and super quiet! Probably one of the best I've encountered in a hotel room.
One feature which was rather novel..if you forego housekeeping for a night you will get a $10 voucher to use in the tapas bar. I didn't use this feature but would have if travelling with my husband or a friend. This meant you would reuse towels, make own bed. The only downside is I'm not sure if you could get a refill of the DIY coffee.
I found the staff to be very professional and they all seemed very cheery which is nice and usually a sign of good management.
I booked 2 months ahead of the conference through expedia and got a very good value for this hotel. In the past I've stayed at the Laurel Point Inn the Deta Ocean Pointe and the Magnolia and I'd say the Rialto isn't in the same class BUT if you're in town for sight seeing,or a conference and looking for accommodation that is very well run, clean, comfortable, modern and very good value then I certainly can recommend the Rialto. I would stay there again.
ps if you're a knitter the very wonderful Bee Hive Wool Shop is just up the street

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank traveller47
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello,
That was a very thorough review, thank you for pointing out a lot of the details that we hope make our guests time with us special. To address your questions in the review:
• We do offer rooms with tubs (approx. 40% of our rooms offer tub and shower)
• When guests opt to "go green" guests can have in-room coffee replenished from the front desk at no charge.

Look forward to seeing you again when you return to Victoria.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
greensboro georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed just one night on a 2 week trip through Western Canada. Found everything to our liking or more for the cost. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are satisfactory. Staff was pleasant and very helpful. The lounge and the cafe (serving breakfast and lunch) were both very good. The breakfast was excellent - good offer of selections and home-made. Convenient location to the inner harbor (about 4 block walk) and downtown dining locations. Would definitely consider this location on a future trip to Victoria

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank richfromreynolds
Hi there,

Very nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for taking a moment to tell others.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We returned to this hotel after our previous good experience last year. Standards and experience were consistent with the previous visit. Again front desk staff were excellent. This recently renovated hotel is comfortable and has a very modern feel. We were cycling and the hotel staff were very accomodating, arranging for secure storage. We will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JS5341
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
One of the purest measures of how well we are doing is a guest's willingness to return. This holds true not only for our hotel but our restaurants as well. We are fortunate to see many familiar faces as guests and patrons return. Happy that you will now be one of the familiar faces as well.

See you soon.
London, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. It was in a great location, we walked to everything that we wanted to. The room was clean and spacious. The parking was a bit awkward (slightly off site), and we were a bit confused and skeptical at first as to how it worked, but in the end we agreed that it worked just fine. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, but we both agreed that the check in process was slower than most places we've been. We only took advantage of the free coffee/muffins one morning because we found a great breakfast place nearby. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Appreciate you taking a moment to let others know.

Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My "home" (Hotel Rialto) for 5 days in Victoria was wonderful; it was chosen as an alternative
to the Empress Hotel (the site of my conference). 5 minute walk to UMMA which has the
best pea soup west of The United Bakery, Toronto and healthy Halibut. The Rialto also has
fine food and a bargain of bargains; Tapas at half price between 4 and 6 pm. Bus to Schwartz
Bay is across the road. Breakfast coffee is exceptional as well as the service.

Room Tip: All rooms are different; you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ClarkleMan
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
I had not seen this movie, so I wasn't sure at first how to interoperate the review title...A colleague assured me it was a nice compliment and based on the 5 star review I'm guessing he is correct.

Thank you for helping to spread the word.

Rob
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Rialto for the first time, on the Victoria Day long-weekend. We had a lovely room; very clean, wheelchair friendly. The restaurant and Tapa Bar were excellent as well. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We ate breakfast while watching the Victoria Day parade; a perfect view! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 4th Floor "inside room" while not a great view; was very quiet for sleeping! (didn't...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne D
Hi Joanne,
Great idea to be inside having breakfast while the parade passes right out in front of the hotel. That was a fun parade (I must have seen you in there as I was taking in the parade at the hotel as well that day).

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, come back and visit again soon.
Campinas, SP
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is well located and rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Good bathroom amenities and cleanliness, as well as nice decoration. Walking distance from main attractions and to many bus stops. Staff is helpful and efficient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hello,

Thank you for taking a moment to let others know about your experience at our property. Very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay.