“Great suite and fabulous location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Lethbridge, Alberta
“Great suite and fabulous location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto for 5 nights as I was at a conference. The location is great and easy walking distance to everything downtown. I was given a suite due to some mixup in my reservation and that was amazing. It was huge, clean and convenient. I requested a quiet room so no view (except outside walls) which made it a bit dark but it was my choice to choose quiet over view. It was very comfortable and quiet (except Sunday morning when I hear pounding music very early in the morning). The staff were very good particularly the night desk clerk who checked me in. There were minor problems - things missing or not working - but for the most part those were corrected quite quickly. The coupons for breakfast were great - each day I got some different pastry and each one was delicious and I had juice to take with me. Due to timing I didn't use the restaurant or lounge. I didn't get the free cheese plate but I saw someone get his and it looked very good. If you can, do visit the Public Market down the road - great variety of food. Chinatown and Silk Road are so interesting. It was great to walk different routes to the Convention Centre every day and explore different streets and see different places. I would stay here again and well worth the cost - particularly with the lovely suite. Do try to get to "Red Fish Blue Fish" at the harbour. Amazing fish and chips.

Room Tip: I went with an inside room so denied a view and natural light but it was quiet. The restaurant and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ChristineAnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed for four nights in a Superior King room on the fourth floor. The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was well equipped with a huge tub, double sinks and a stand-up shower. The location was perfect - easy walking distance for lots of tourist attractions downtown. There was a bit of noise at night from seagulls and other birds; however the hotel provides earplugs to help with this issue. We didn't hear anything from the rooms next door. The staff was very friendly, helpful and able to make recommendations about things to do in the area. Both the cheese plate and coffee/pastry breakfast were tasty. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MMC761
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Sounds like you stayed in one of our Romance Kings...one of my favourites. Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Sincerely.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in April 2014.

The location was central - a short walk of a few blocks from the harbour and the heart of downtown. The rooms were well-appointed, tastefully furnished, and the amenities, such as the heated floor and the bathrobes were appreciated. Noise was not a problem, but I did note the included ear plugs in case they were.

Value was enormous. Not only were the room rates reasonable, but vouchers for a pastry/coffee or a discount towards a hot breakfast were given every morning, and there was a voucher for a cheese plate in the lounge as well (that I did not get the chance to use, unfortunately).

Overall, it was a beautiful hotel, a comfortable stay, in a central location, for a very reasonable price. Would strongly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Iclaprim
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for letting others know about us, we appreciate you taking the time to do so and hope you can return soon.

Rob
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, beautiful hotel.
The staff, particularly Michael, could not have been more helpful. His knowledge of the restaurants and attractions was a great help.
The hotel has a welcome plate of cheese which was delicious. We also took advantage of the half price tapas in the restaurant. Extremely large portions, and delucious.
This hotel is a winner!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank patchworklizzie
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi there,
Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed the dining at the hotel, it is really one of the Crown Jewels of our property.

Hope you enjoyed your time in Victoria.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Overall, my family and i really enjoyed Hotel Rialto. It is a small but modern hotel within 10minutes walk from the marina. The staff was helpful and the room was very clean. The hotel rooms had good noise protection and rarely heard anything from the streets or next door rooms. Our room included breakfast which was a simple coffee and pastry, but all we really needed! The staff even included a welcome cheese plate when we checked in! I would definitely come back again and recommend to anyone looking for a pleasant, clean and well located hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Amgtraveler88
Hi there,

Really appreciate you taking a moment to let others know you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you next time you are in Victoria.

Cheers,
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I spent 2 nights here while at a local conference. Had a double bedded room on 4th floor. I didn't find street noise an issue at all.(There were ear plugs in the room if you need them).
The hotel is on the corner of Douglas and Pandora Street. It took me exactly 8 minutes to walk to the Convention Center behind the Empress Hotel. The area is on the "edge" of the tourist center in Victoria but was very good value. On check in I received a coupon for a cheese plate at the Veneto Tapas Bar which adjoins the hotel. Didn't use this but would have had I not been travelling solo. Also got voucher for coffee/or juice plus breakfast muffin for each of my 2 mornings. I did use this. The breakfast room was bright and sunny and staff were very good. Appreciated supply of local newspapers to browse.
The room and the hotel appear to have been recently renovated. The facility was very clean. My room had a small microwave, a bar fridge, wine glasses, cork screw, robes, small coffee maker, large flat screen TV, iron available on request. Bath amenities were good with separate shampoo and conditioner which I always appreciate. My room only had a shower which was fine as I don't like tubs. I'm not sure if some rooms have tubs or not so ask if this is important to you. The bathroom did have a heated floor which I loved.
One of the best things was the heat/AC system. It was easy to set and super quiet! Probably one of the best I've encountered in a hotel room.
One feature which was rather novel..if you forego housekeeping for a night you will get a $10 voucher to use in the tapas bar. I didn't use this feature but would have if travelling with my husband or a friend. This meant you would reuse towels, make own bed. The only downside is I'm not sure if you could get a refill of the DIY coffee.
I found the staff to be very professional and they all seemed very cheery which is nice and usually a sign of good management.
I booked 2 months ahead of the conference through expedia and got a very good value for this hotel. In the past I've stayed at the Laurel Point Inn the Deta Ocean Pointe and the Magnolia and I'd say the Rialto isn't in the same class BUT if you're in town for sight seeing,or a conference and looking for accommodation that is very well run, clean, comfortable, modern and very good value then I certainly can recommend the Rialto. I would stay there again.
ps if you're a knitter the very wonderful Bee Hive Wool Shop is just up the street

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank traveller47
Hello,
That was a very thorough review, thank you for pointing out a lot of the details that we hope make our guests time with us special. To address your questions in the review:
• We do offer rooms with tubs (approx. 40% of our rooms offer tub and shower)
• When guests opt to "go green" guests can have in-room coffee replenished from the front desk at no charge.

Look forward to seeing you again when you return to Victoria.

greensboro georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed just one night on a 2 week trip through Western Canada. Found everything to our liking or more for the cost. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are satisfactory. Staff was pleasant and very helpful. The lounge and the cafe (serving breakfast and lunch) were both very good. The breakfast was excellent - good offer of selections and home-made. Convenient location to the inner harbor (about 4 block walk) and downtown dining locations. Would definitely consider this location on a future trip to Victoria

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank richfromreynolds
Hi there,

Very nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for taking a moment to tell others.