I've stayed in many high end (and expensive) boutique hotels before, but this time, traveling on my own I was on a tighter budget.
Hotel Rialto provides an incredibly luxurious experience for a reasonable price! Let me walk you through everything that makes this hotel great:
-Perfect location, if you're traveling without a car the bus stop is across the street which will take you to the ferry terminal (to get back to Vancouver etc.) and Butchart Gardens etc.
- All the main attractions in Victoria are within walking distance
- The public market is almost next door (which is an indoor farmers market of sorts, think St. Lawrence Market in Toronto or Granville Island in Vancouver, but much smaller) and is a great place to get a great sandwich, coffee or treats to bring back to your room.
- Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Traveling on my own I had a lot of questions on how to get around and they were always happy to help and even happily accommodated all my requests such as early check-in, late check-out and switching to a room with a better view
- Public areas in the hotel are bright and inviting, and make you feel like you're splurging on a luxury hotel.
- The hotel isn't too big so you're not waiting for elevators or to check in/out
- Rooms are perfectly equipped with huge flat screen tv's, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, bathrobes, ihome docking station/alarm clock, and even heated bathroom floors!
- The beds are super comfortable
- Free cheese platter in the restaurant is a lovely welcome treat. I recommend pairing it with a wine tasting flight. Service in the restaurant was amazing, and while I didn't have much beyond the cheese plate (I did add charcuterie to make it more of a meal, and that was delicious!) all the food people were having around me looked incredible.
- The free continental breakfast in the morning was perfect. If you're a big breakfast eater, don't expect quantity, your voucher entitles you to a coffee or espresso based beverage (their cappuccinos were divine) and a pastry or muffin (also delicious) which to me is the perfect way to start the day.
- There is a great wine and liquor store right in the bottom of the hotel. Being from Ontario I was surprised at how much higher BC alcohol prices were, however, this store seems to have lower prices than I saw elsewhere in BC, so that combined with the fact they offer a 10% discount to hotel guests is a great place to stock up on whatever you need.
I don't know if this would be the ideal hotel for families as the rooms are a bit smaller than the traditional hotel room (think big budget hotel chains) and doesn't have a pool, but for couples, solo or business, I don't think you're going to beat it.
I certainly will stay here any time I return to Victoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming heritage building located right downtown Victoria. Close to shopping, restaurants and attractions. Minutes walk from Inner Harbour, Market Square and right beside China Town. Rooms are quaint and nicely appointed with flat screen TVs with movie system, in-room fridge, microwave and I-home alarm clocks. On the main level is Cafe Veneto serving all day breakfast and fast fresh lunch. Veneto Tapa Lounge is also on the main level of the hotel which is a stylish urban "restro-lounge" serving delectable small plates and a wine and cocktail menu that is among the finest in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rialto Victoria, Vancouver Island