“Excellent location, value and staff would return again.”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My favorite place. Urban chic,european contemporary elegance. From a complimentary continental breakfast to a chic restaurant boasting delicious local cuisine.The Rialto is centrally located in the heart of Victoria and within walking distance to most attractions.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank artsandmore
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Your opening sentence says it all! We love to hear that. Really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had an opportunity to check out our dining options in the hotel.

Thank you for helping spread the word.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I found this hotel Entre provider, and it was the perfect hotel for us to stay in for our Victoria visit. I'm a big fan of boutique hotels. This one has it down to a science.

The front desk staff, especially Michael Peng, are incredibly helpful. The rooms are clean and sophisticated and technologically advanced. It has crown molding, and subdued minimalistic art, but also a floor heater thermostat in the bathroom. That is a first for me. And happily we did not need to use it during our visit, but it's nice to know that it's there if we need it. The bed was very comfortable, the towels were soft, the amenities in the bathroom were more than adequate, I never heard any noise from any other guests, and the sheets were soft. What more can a person ask for in a hotel?

Well the Rialto does try to give a bit more. They are very flexible with how they treat their customers. For instance, you can get a cup of coffee and pastry from the coffee bar in the morning. But what if you'd rather have an omelette than a Danish? Order the omelette, but get a three dollar credit towards it because youndidn't eat the Danish. In the same spirit, the Rialto will give you a $10 credit towards food ordered in their coffee bar or restaurant if you decide that you really don't need your room cleaned that day. It's not a huge thing, but it's nice. It's almost more memorable that they made the offer then the money any savings amounts too. It's just a nice gesture.

When and if my husband and I return to Victoria, we will definitely be staying here again. This hotel is exactly the kind of hotel I am always looking for, whenever, and wherever we travel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SJtravellers

What can we say....it's obvious you "get us". I'm not sure I could have articulated our finer points to potential guests any better than you just did in your review, so thank you for that.

So just as you read some one's review and stayed with us as a result, I suspect you may influence someone to have an equally great experience. We promise we will take good care of them :)

Hope you can return soon,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

From start to finish the staff at the Rialto was a class act. When making our reservation by phone Enes was so professional. It was a pleasure dealing with him, and since I was having a temporary hearing issue, he patiently repeated so much of the conversation that I was missing first time around. We had a 'late arrival' and when we checked in we were upgraded to a king size room . Quiet and spotlessly clean. One small feature which we really appreciated - there was a night light in the bathroom. We had a wonderful sleep on the comfortable king size bed. Guests are provided with coupons for coffee and pastry in the morning, or they can be used for free coffee and $3.00 off breakfast menu items. We opted to use them toward our delicious full breakfasts in the bright, sunny breakfast room. Checkout with Alex was also easy and pleasant. Thank you all. Will certainly return when we are in Victoria.

Room Tip: I can't speak for pool or gym because I never inquired if they had either available. We were in...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jed39

Hi there,

Greatly appreciate you taking a moment to spread the word about our hotel. Hope you can stay with us again soon, Richmond is pretty convenient for a quick weekend get a way.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto in June 2014 for 5 nights. What a stay! Some of the highlights of the hotel:
1. The staff. I can't say enough about them. Prior to my visit after I made my reservation, I emailed them a question regarding check-in. Within 15 minutes a member of guest services called me at home to answer my question, as well as provide info on attraction in Victoria. They are all extremely courteous, and are willing to help you plan your stay in vacation without hesitation and with great recommendations.
2. The room. I understand that it has been recently renovated, and it shows. Very clean and spacious. Like previous reviewers have noted, the structure of the old building lends to sound travelling easier than it should, so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper (Or use the complimentary pair that they provide!)
3. The restaurant. Fantastic breakfast (the French Toast was outstanding). They provide a complimentary cheese plate on check-in, which was delicious. Also, their bar has a fantastic whisky and liquor selection, and the bartenders make some VERY creative cocktails.

Also, great location: walking distance to the harbour, Chinatown, and water taxis.

A must-stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul R

Hi Pauly,
Love hearing that our staff was a big part of your stay, our team is truly our biggest asset and we appreciate them so much, its great when they are recognized.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto for a week on business. It was fantastic--the staff were so helpful and they knew me well before the end of the week. Rooms were lovely, clean, spacious and comfortable. Location was perfect for sightseeing and shopping in Victoria and for getting to UVic. Alex, the manager, was on top of everything--from ordering cabs to getting me passes to the nearby gym. Free coffee/tea and muffins for breakfast was a nice perk as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank auntper
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It only starts with good value. The front desk personnel were not only helpful with recommendations you would expect in this town of virtually unlimited tourist attractions, but also with things like parking regulations for disabled drivers and the location of a kite-flying festival. Though the building is early twentieth century ( check out the informative display in the basement), it was totally gutted and rebuilt from the inside. The result is a high quality European ambience. Our room had the most luxurious bathroom in any hotel--tub for two with separate stall shower and two sinks. First rate breakfast and a bartender and bar staff both knowledgeable about obscure Irish Whiskey and full of suggestions when requested. This is a remarkably well-run facility. Highest Recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zeendil
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Seriously - if you are looking for a great value for a couple of nights - you found it. Here's why:
Great location - can walk to anything in the downtown area
Great service - everyone of the front desk clerks went out of their way to help with several requests
Extras- a cheese plate on check in
Extras - breakfast vouchers for discounts on the breakfast
Great lounge - they make some great cocktails to start your night off
Good food - the restaurant is highly rated and serves tapas if you want something trendy or small to share
Great breakfasts - try one of their Benny's or omelettes .
My room was good size and handicap accessible
Earplugs - they come in handy as hotel is a renovated older (assuming) wood building, so you can hear folks in the hallways
Right next store to a great wine shop!

Room Tip: There are various size rooms, ask about the size/upgrade at checkin
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple