Hotel Rialto
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,646 results
All reviewscheese platetapas barveneto tapa loungego greencity hallboutique hotelfree coffee and pastryheated floorsdowntown victoriastreet noisegreat boutiquehot breakfastwithin walking distancesmall hotelfront desk staffdouglas streetrestaurant downstairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We found the Hotel Rialto through a Trivago search and then read the reviews on TA. I lived in Victoria for five years and worked downtown so I was aware of its location in reference to the activities that we were going to be doing. I thought it would be a great location as my husband does street photography and it was close to Chinatown, Government Street and Bastion Square for him to wander about and get some great pics. We were able to get a queen room with a cot for our daughter. The front desk staff were helpful and kind. We were given vouchers for a cheese plate and the breakfast deal that others have mentioned but never used them as we had other dining plans.
We were able to book a parking spot with the hotel lot which is just a few blocks over for $15/ night with in and out privileges. They give you a remote to use, there is no attendant. When we first parked our car, the pedestrian door had been left open but it was always closed after that when we needed the car (there is a code to access the door).
We were on the first floor looking out onto Pandora and City Hall. It was noisy at times but nothing that kept us awake at night. There are ear plugs supplied in the room if you needed them. My daughter and I ended up being in the room by ourselves while my husband was out taking sunset pictures and we wrapped ourselves up in the robes and cozied up in bed to watch TV. The cot was already made up and in the room when we arrived. We ended up taking the mattress off the frame of the cot because it was so big and made the room squishy and just put the mattress on the floor and left the cot folded up against the window. The room had a microwave and a mini fridge which was perfect for our water bottles, drinks and leftovers. There was also a coffee maker with regular and decaf coffee. I didn't notice tea. This is the first hotel that I have stayed in where the bathroom is not the first thing in the room! The bathroom just had a small shower, no tub which might be a deterrent for some; I am not sure if there are rooms with tubs or not. The bathroom was very spacious and bright.
Our only concern was with the automatic locks on the doors- they didn't always lock. You had to put your card back in the door and wait for the click.
The hotel has a green initiative and has recycling in the rooms and a hanger for your door so that the staff knows that it doesn't have to replace your stuff everyday.
I would definitely stay here again as the rooms were bright, wifi worked great, there was food available all around (John's Place!) and it was a 10-15 minute walk down Douglas to the museum and Inner Harbour.

Room Tip: Phone and book a parking spot right away as the lot is small.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hello and thank you for the great review, always enjoy reading the comments from guests who have stayed with us and take the time to really give some insight into their experience.

I hope your husband got some great shots, Victoria's downtown is so vibrant and the incredible photo ops are endless.

Just to clear up a few things you were uncertain about:
• we do in fact have tubs, approx. 40% of our inventory offers both tub and shower, be sure to request that the next stay if you would prefer having both.
• Tea is included in the complimentary in-room coffee/tea ...it is in a bit of a unique package so you may not have noticed it immediately.

Hope to see you again soon.

Rob

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is an excellent hotel and choice while in Victoria. Great comfort, bed, clean very pleasant staff, great bar and breakfast. The location is worth the extra money. Only negative is the very slow wifi. If you are needing a decent connection you will be very disappointed. Yes, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: higher up is better, less street noise. Gulls can be loud...part of being by the water.
1  Thank CosmoTay

Hi Cosmo,

Thank you for your review, I'm happy to see that overall you were very pleased with your choice to stay with us.

I was curious to learn about your concerns with our wifi as so many of our reviewers reference the high quality of the signal (we upgraded our system substantially about 2 years ago and over did it to ensure high band width). I really don't have an explanation for your experiencing slow signal. (of course I use it daily and never have an issue with speed)

I'm hoping it was just an anomaly and on your next stay with us it will not be a concern.

Rob

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Location on junction of two busy roads but hotel ear plugs sorted this and the king size room was good. Very good complimentary cheese board and free parking courtesy of BC Ferries who booked the hotel. Excellent tapas bar in house and very good breakfasts. Not far to walk down to the harbour and very close to ChinaTown.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolynPRobson
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel was everything that we expected from a central city hotel. Close to all amenities. Room was large and clean and airy. No noise problems. Breakfast was extra from the restaurant although we were given 2 x $3 vouchers for coffee and a pastry if we wanted. We opted for hot breakfast so got the same value reduction. Breakfast was good. All in all a good place to stay.

3  Thank lesleyhyatt
Reviewed 10 August 2014

From the initial check in to leaving the staff at the Rialto were excellent, very helpful, professional, and took there time to be interested in why we were in Victoria, the package we bought included 30 dollars towards the tapas in the restaurant , which was beautiful , the staff were also so caring and advised us on the food. We also had 25 dollar gift card through the Rialto to spend at The Bay, which didn't take much spending !!
This was our 2nd visit to Victoria from the UK, first time staying at this hotel, will be hopefully back there next July , big thanks to all at the Rialto for making the end of a fantastic holiday even better !!!

2  Thank Joanne W