“Best value!”

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Ponce Inlet, Florida, United States
“Best value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night and regret we could not stay longer. The junior suite was a LR and BR. Premium bedding and a well equipped bathroom. Convenient to China town, the inner harbor and downtown.

The restaurant was excellent for drinks, dinner and breakfast.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Donnie D
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Hi Donnie,

If your only regret is "not to have stayed longer" than we have definitely done our job.

Come back soon and be sure to book a few extra days. :)

Rob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We like older buildings even if the rooms are small, especially for one night. We asked for the highest floor available and got 3(out of 4), with a view of a few rooftops and a great sunset. Room was tiny but we didn't unpack much. The shower ran out on the floor when you had the door open to turn the water on. Linens were nice and the window opens! Free Coffee an pastries were average, and I couldn't get a strong cup of tea even though brewed in a pot. Menu overpriced for breakfast. The young waiter was very hurried and dismissive. I went to Starbucks for breakfast. This is quite a hike from the ferry if you have luggage.

Room Tip: We get the highest floor, best view, wherever that is, unless outrageous additional cost.
1 Thank Karen H
Hi Karen,

Happy to hear overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I too look to stay in heritage buildings when I travel, I always find them more interesting. We are looking into the water issue and thank you for brining that to our attention.

I have to admit, I was puzzled by your price concern regarding the breakfast however. The most expensive items on our menu are $13...you being a hotel guest would receive $3 off bringing it to $10. For this you have a choice of Fresh Traditional Ham or Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict, or a Braised Short Rib Hash served in a cast iron skillet, pretty substantial offerings .... Every other item would be even less, I know of no other café downtown that offers anything close. I believe this is what has lead to so many positive comments regarding our breakfast.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

SacTown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay, will recommend to friends and family and would stay again. The incentive to opt-out of daily room cleaning for a reduced bill in the restaurant is brilliant. We usually opt out anyway but the reduced bill will hopefully entice others to do the same. I hope other properties adopt the concept

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank SacTownOutThere
Hi there,

Thank you for pointing out our "Go Green Get Green" program, we think our guests should be rewarded in helping us with our efforts to lessen our environmental impact. Happy to see you participated in this.

Come back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Great location,right downtown, room was somewhat small but clean, bed could have been firmer, hotel car parking was not available 1st night but public parking closeby with 24hr security, staff was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014
Hi George,

Thank you for helping to spread the good word about our little property.

Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Hotel Rialto is my kind of hotel -- a small-ish, boutique hotel with character in an urban setting -- so it's not your typical Victoria lodging with a pretty view of the harbour. In fact, the Rialto might be considered to be in or near a pretty sketchy area of the city, at least based on some of the people (myself and my party excluded, of course) and cast off drug paraphernalia observed in the vicinity of hotel. Nevertheless, I like this edgy kind of hotel. When checking in, the person at the front desk hinted strongly a few times that we might be less than satisfied with our hotel room, specifically with our bathroom. Upon arriving at the room, the reason became quickly apparent -- it was a bathroom designed for someone with a physical disability. The shower, sink and toilet were in one large room, the floor of which became and stayed completely wet from the shower. The sink was at below-the-waist level and the shower had a seat built into the wall, making having a shower difficult without sitting down (my legs kept hitting the sharp-edged seat while standing). Why the handicapped room was on the top floor of the hotel and at the end of the hall is a mystery, but there we were. Other than having to take care not to walk on the wet floor of the bathroom all day, the room was fine. Our view was of the roof of the dollar store, which was covered with white seagull poop and a dead decomposing seagull. Again, I like funky. What I didn't like was the unnecessary and pompous attitude of the staff. When I asked the front desk fellow if he was okay with me taking my daughter's road bike in the elevator, he said that was okay (otherwise I'd have been happy to trudge it up the stairs -- it was only four floors). But he felt it necessary to add that I would be, of course, responsible for any damage caused by the bike in my hotel room. When I asked the fellow behind the bar at breakfast if they had take-out cups for their coffee, he told me that I had to be in front of the bar, not in front of the counter holding the coffee lids and creams, to order a coffee. Small things but a little too arrogant for my liking.

Still, I liked the Rialto and its location, so unless there is another funky boutique hotel in Victoria, I'd probably go back. I just hope some of the staff would remove those pickles from up their butts.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel might be noisy for some: the seagulls start squawking quite early and you can...
2 Thank Ted G
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hi Ted,

Thank you for providing us with some feed back regarding your recent stay with us. I understand the Accessibility room can feel a bit unusual at first, that is why our staff will prepare you for it at check-in. (yet others appreciate the additional spaciousness of the room and convenience of the barrier free shower).

I appreciate the feedback regarding interaction with the staff. We view this as a training opportunity.

I do hope you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me directly offline when making your next booking with us.

Barcelona, España
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice location in downtown Victoria to walk around and visit the town, its Parliament, Chinatown...
They have a great bar with excellent cocktails and nice food.
The breakfast included in the price is just ok, if you want something extra you have to pay for it.

Hello,
Hope you had a wonderful holiday in Victoria and thank you for making us a part of it.
Nice to hear you enjoyed some time spent in our restaurant Veneto.

All the best.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed at the Rialto one night. Having read previous reviews, I requested a "quiet" room. And it was quiet. The staff was very professional and helpful. The rooms are newly decorated. I took advantage of the $3 discount on their hot breakfast. The food was excellent and plentiful. My $9 hot breakfast in Victoria is well within the price range of similar restaurants. Easy walking distance to restaurants and the harbor. I took the city bus for $2.50 each way to Butchart Gardens. The bus stop is across the street from the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a "quiet" room if street noise bothers you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Irene D
Hello Irene,

Thank you for the kind words in your review, very happy to hear you were happy with your stay.
Appreciate you sharing.