“We really enjoyed our stay”
Review of Embassy Inn

Embassy Inn
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here for the Victoria marathon and found it perfect for what we needed. Not only was it right at the start line but they had set up a "runners-table" with water bottles and maps and pace charts and running quotes. I realize most people will be staying here at other times of the year but I just really appreciated the extra touches that were added in. Regardless, it is in a perfect location for anyone wanting to stay downtown.

The beds were quite comfortable and the room was clean and quiet.

Breakfast is included and you can either choose the buffet (hot but basic) or order off the menu.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope your marathon was a PB, (Personal Best for those non runners out there). We enjoy looking after everyone who stays with us and if we can find something just a little more special such a free, all you can drink water for the runners attending the annual Victoria Marathon, we will do what we can. The additional maps and pace charts were well received. We look forward to your return visit for another road race!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Centrally located adjacent to the Legislature Building and one short block from the Harbour, this was an ideal location. The room was a good size and the free internet and breakfast each day were welcome value adds. The hotel was clean with staff who actually created their own favourite places to eat list which categorized by types of restaurants - this was very helpful. The staff were very responsive to requests for assistance and had a thorough knowledge of their town and how to get around. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the kind review. I will be sure to pass on your comments about the staff. We do have a great group of people that are eager to make sure guests enjoy their stay with us and in Victoria. We look forward to serving you again on a future trip to Victoria.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here in June 2013. The hotel was fine and in a good location. Just a five or ten minute walk from the bus station and whale watching tours. The free breakfast was a very welcome bonus, although it would have been good to have one or two healthier options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I will be sure to speak with our Chef about adding some additional healthy items to the free hot breakfast. And yes, we are located very close to everything Victoria has to offer. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Suggest paying the extra ~$10 per day to stay in the Tower (newer) side. We stayed in the Harbourview side and although the room was very clean/neat/tidy there was an "old" smell in the room and some of the fixtures made it obvious as well that this was older. The bathroom and small kitchen were giveaways as well as they weren't as well maintained as the rest of the room. It certainly did the job but we went out of our way not to spend extra time in the room given that we just weren't comfortable there. TV reception was horrible -- the worst TV in any hotel we can recall. Location, free parking, and breakfast included in the price made it quite economical. I would stay in this hotel again only if I were on the newer side.

Room Tip: Book the tower rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you to the writer for the review of your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for our shortcomings. The Embassy Inn has 2 buildings. The Tower, (3 diamond level) and the Harbour Wing, (2 diamond Level). Both are priced according to their respective amenities however, it does not excuse bad TV reception and other items. Please know that we will address these right away. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I chose to book into the Embassy Inn because it was where my cousin was staying on his trip to B.C. Rather than dash down and back I decided to take it easy for a change. I was surprised at how reasonable the room rate was if booked online which I usually do anyhow. What really impressed me was how helpful the staff was at all times. They even opened up the lounge early so I could have a rum & coke. Rooms were plush and I loved the above ground parking which enabled me to do a visual check on my car occasionally. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thanks to the writer for the review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all the staff. We have a great team here at the Embassy In that are committed to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay. We look forward to being of service again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is a little gem on the way up. My wife and I had an excellent stay and the service was outstanding. The front desk was very helpful and the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant was very good. Location is outstanding. Great value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you to the writer for the recent review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the staff and the chef will be pleased to hear about the free hot breakfast. And yes, our location is close to wherever you want to be in sunny Victoria! We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We booked in to the Embassy Inn early, not expecting room to be ready. However a very nice man on reception advised us we could move in, great. The room was spacious and light. Lovely bed and bed linen. Coffee machine, free wi-fi.
Location excellent beside Legislation Building with a lovely walk along the waterfront to downtown, few minutes. So much to see on the way.
Adjoining restaurant served free buffet breakfast, staff so friendly and accomodating.

We dined there, great menu and the food, wow!! Compliments to the Chef, again the Girls serving were delightful.

Room Tip: Our room was in the main building on the 3rdfloor. Request room in the brick building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
John J, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the food to our chef. And yes, we are located close to just about everywhere you would want to be in Sunny Victoria! We look forward to your future return.